Asio4all workaround setup? Suggestions?

tt998
Hey everyone,
Using SC 3.8.0 + Windows 10

Trying to find the best way to work around asio4All single program output. I attempted to use my cheap behringer uCA222 audio interface as a quick fix. It did work  but the output gain of SC was so loud that all I could hear was distortion. I also tried to purchase asioLink for multi-program capabilities of Asio but it is not available.
Any suggestions on how I can use asio4All to hear all my applications (SC most important)  at once?
Thanks!

-Tati

Re: Asio4all workaround setup? Suggestions?

.o0o.
sorry,

i dont know anything about asio. maybe

try some linux distro as a livedisk with

alsa/jack.

you could also try that as a vm. just

look after virtualbox or something.

hope that helps a bit )

flo.

Am 02.01.18 um 08:08 schrieb [hidden email]:

> Hey everyone,
> Using SC 3.8.0 + Windows 10
>
> Trying to find the best way to work around asio4All single program
> output. I attempted to use my cheap behringer uCA222 audio interface
> as a quick fix. It did work  but the output gain of SC was so loud
> that all I could hear was distortion. I also tried to purchase
> asioLink for multi-program capabilities of Asio but it is not available.
> Any suggestions on how I can use asio4All to hear all my applications
> (SC most important)  at once?
> Thanks!
>
> -Tati

ROMANES EUNT DOMUS

Re: Asio4all workaround setup? Suggestions?

salkin

Hi Tati,

I'm also on win 10 and sc 3.8

I don't know about a work around for asio4All single program output.
But I know this:

used Asio4all for some time, had more trouble with it than I could cope with. I stopped using it.

when not connected to my MOTU AVB interface(s) :) --> or some other Interface with its own driver.

1: to hear all my applications (supercollider, max, reaper, ableton live, sound from firefox, vlc, foobar etc.)
I use the Conexant SmartAudio HD for Windows 10.

2: when I want to route sound from youtube or a DAW into supercollider (or the other way) and still hear everything.
I use VB-audio Virtual Cable in combination with Conexant SmartAudio.
you can get the driver for free (donationware) here: https://www.vb-audio.com/Cable/index.htm
not really satisfied with the audio quality, but it is okay for doodling and working outside the studio.

na

-Tati

Re: Asio4all workaround setup? Suggestions?

tt998
Hi Adam,
I switched to linux.
Thanks so much for the recommendations.