Conflicting Server Worlds in Ubuntu 13.10

Conflicting Server Worlds in Ubuntu 13.10

jaypoulz
I could use some help with scsynth.

A few days ago I used the following command to start my SuperCollider server:
  $ scsynth -u 57110

I then used the sc3 plugin in Racket/Scheme to drive the server around and everything was all good.

Today, however, when I try to start the server I get the following output:
  $ scsynth -u 57110
  Exception in World_New: Permission denied
  Segmentation fault (core dumped)

Caveat: I know this isn't a permission problem.

I know this because I've already done all the configuration and user manipulation needed to set up pulse, jack, and SuperCollider correctly (as evidenced by the fact that I had it working).

Even more strange is the fact that I can start the server on any other open UDP port, and it registers fine.
That is to say, substituting port 57110 with 57111 works fine. However, I presume the SuperCollider plugin for Racket is hardcoded to search port 57110.

In summary, here is my question:
I believe my previous session driving scsynth saved World information on in some directory, and that this is now preventing me from restarting my server, because the worlds conflict somehow. Does anyone know where SC3 saves this type of information when the server is running (that I may delete it)?

Thank you!
--J

Re: Conflicting Server Worlds in Ubuntu 13.10

jaypoulz
I've recently discovered the -D flag to scsynth.

I can now successfully start my server on the desired port by not loading the synthdefs as such:
scsynth -u 57110 -D 0

However, I would still appreciate it if someone would tell me where the synthdefs are store that I may delete them.

Thanks,

--J