External Synth

Su

External Synth

Su
This post was updated on .
Hi all,

I want to use my external synthesizer "blofeld" and Pdef together.
And I tried like this(I think i miss somethig.. :o)

////

MIDIIn.connectAll;
(

var    mOut = MIDIOut.newByName("Blofeld").latency_(Server.default.latency);

p = Pdef(\x, Pbind(
    \type, \midi,
    \midiout, mOut,
    \chan, 0,
     \dur, 0.5,
    \amp, 0.5
)).play
)

//////

And this code doesn't work.
Maybe someone could help me??

Thanks a lot :)

Re: Analog Synth

kflak
Hi,

Pretty much a noob at this myself, but it seems you’re missing one step. Did you initialize MIDI before MIDIIn.connectAll?

MIDIClient.init;

Cheers,
— — — —
Roosna & Flak, Contemporary Dance and Music

On 10 May 2017, at 12:54, [hidden email] wrote:

Hi all,

I want to use my analog synth "blofeld" and Pdef together.
And I tried like this(I think i miss somethig.. :o)

////

MIDIIn.connectAll;
(

var    mOut = MIDIOut.newByName("Blofeld").latency_(Server.default.latency);

p = Pbind(
   \type, \midi,
   \midiout, mOut,
   \chan, 0,
    \dur, 0.5,
   \amp, 0.5
).play
)

//////

And this code doesn't work.
Maybe someone could help me??

Thanks a lot :)

Su

Re: Analog Synth

Su
Hi kflak, Thanks!

Yes, I did
But that doesn't work :/

Best Regards,

[...]

Re: External Synth

Su wrote
I want to use my external synthesizer "blofeld" and Pdef together.
And I tried like this(I think i miss somethig.. :o)
A good testing practice is to eliminate complexity at first. Try putting your MIDIOut object into the interpreter variable 'm' (so you can reuse it interactively), then try noteOn and noteOff directly.

If that works, but the pattern doesn't, then you know the MIDI connection is fine and the problem is in the pattern.

If this doesn't work, then the MIDI connection is the problem and you have to fix that, or the pattern will never work.

MIDIIn.connectAll;

m = MIDIOut.newByName("Blofeld").latency_(Server.default.latency);

m.noteOn(0, 60, 64);

m.noteOff(0, 60, 0);

Also make absolutely sure the MIDI channel number is correct. If the device uses 1-16, the channel number in SC should be less by 1.

hjh
Su

Re: External Synth

Su
Hi, Thank you for your Advice!
I will try step by step :)

Best regards,
Suhyun

Su wrote
I want to use my external synthesizer "blofeld" and Pdef together.
And I tried like this(I think i miss somethig.. :o)
A good testing practice is to eliminate complexity at first. Try putting your MIDIOut object into the interpreter variable 'm' (so you can reuse it interactively), then try noteOn and noteOff directly.

If that works, but the pattern doesn't, then you know the MIDI connection is fine and the problem is in the pattern.

If this doesn't work, then the MIDI connection is the problem and you have to fix that, or the pattern will never work.

MIDIIn.connectAll;

m = MIDIOut.newByName("Blofeld").latency_(Server.default.latency);

m.noteOn(0, 60, 64);

m.noteOff(0, 60, 0);

Also make absolutely sure the MIDI channel number is correct. If the device uses 1-16, the channel number in SC should be less by 1.

To unsubscribe from External Synth, click here.
NAML