Quantcast

GRNLR - VST/AU instrument based on a SuperCollider prototype

GRNLR - VST/AU instrument based on a SuperCollider prototype

Raffael Seyfried-2

Sorry if this is only tangentially SC related!

As part of my bachelors thesis I developed a granular synthesis VST/AU instrument utilising the JUCE Framework. The instrument is based on a prototype I wrote in SuperCollider (https://github.com/passivist/GRNLR_SC) and the SuperCollider source was a invaluable source of inspiration and solutions to hard problems when writing the instrument.

In addition to  writing the instrument I also wrote a tutorial documenting my development journey every step of the way. I hope it can be of some use for someone wanting to write their own plugins or learn from my mistakes (since I am a musician and not a professional programmer).

The instrument and the tutorial are open source and if someone wants to get into the development of this instrument they are more than welcome to!

Here's the link to the source:

https://github.com/passivist/GRNLR

And to the tutorial:

https://github.com/passivist/GRNLR/wiki

Re: GRNLR - VST/AU instrument based on a SuperCollider prototype

Michael Dzjaparidze

Nice! Thanks for sharing.

https://github.com/passivist/GRNLR/wiki

Re: GRNLR - VST/AU instrument based on a SuperCollider prototype

block
Wonderful stuff - thank you very much for this ..

I'd planned to have a go at creating a VST myself but didn't have any decent resource.

The source code looks very reasonable.

I did see that you mentioned re-writing the plugin but I think there's enough to get started doing one of my own.

Cheers