Quantcast

How to visualize MIDI data...?

LightRate
Hello, I apologize if this is a dumb or simple question, as I am a relatively new user.

My main goal for using SC right now is to be able to analyze MIDI data in real time with lissajou (x/y) coordinates.

I have made several (long) attempts at visualizing the notes I play on my MIDI keyboard with no success.

Is it even possible to visualize MIDI notes in SuperCollider?

Max

Re: How to visualize MIDI data...?

Max
I haven't done anything with the visual aspect of SuperCollider but you can store your incoming notes into variables so I can't see why you shouldn't be able to visualize them.

But is SuperCollider the best way to achieve what you want? Not to discourage you from using SuperCollider but OpenFrameworks or Processing might suit you better. But depends on what you want to do in the end.