Quantcast

Need help building plugin with cmake in Windows

Need help building plugin with cmake in Windows

Matthew
I am using SuperCollider 3.6.6 on a Windows XP machine.
I want to build a plugin using Cmake and mingw for this: https://github.com/spluta/PV_Control
Can someone guide me through the process using the Windows Command line (not UNIX/LINUX) or a Qt GUI.
Do I need to generate a new CMakeCache file to reflect my directory?

Matthew

Re: Need help building plugin with cmake in Windows

Nathan Ho
Hi Matthew,

I'm afraid to say your message didn't get through properly. You need to post in the "SuperCollider Users New (Use this!!!!)" subforum and be subscribed to sc-users or sc-users-acl (for non-delivery), otherwise your messages don't get delivered to everyone's inboxes.

Have you managed to build sc3-plugins before on Windows? The process should be the same.

Nathan

Matthew wrote
I am using SuperCollider 3.6.6 on a Windows XP machine.
I want to build a plugin using Cmake and mingw for this: https://github.com/spluta/PV_Control
Can someone guide me through the process using the Windows Command line (not UNIX/LINUX) or a Qt GUI.
Do I need to generate a new CMakeCache file to reflect my directory?

Matthew

Re: Need help building plugin with cmake in Windows

This question has come up before, and I don't know the answer. I've started a new thread in sc-users to ask about how to build plugins on Windows in general.

Re: Need help building plugin with cmake in Windows

Matthew
Alas, a voice!  Thanks Nathan for replying.  I received an email from Nabble that contained a link.  I clicked on the link that took me to a page the confirmed my account.  I will try to respond through this web interface instead of emailing.  I am a newbie and have never built any plugins, but I will try to document details of what I've learned this past week or two in my next post.
Matthew