OSCFunc writeArchive

Fredrik Olofsson
hi list,
a funny little thing...

s.quit
o= OSCFunc({|m| m.postln}, \ttest)
o.writeArchive("~/ttest.txt".standardizePath)  //ok
s.boot
o= OSCFunc({|m| m.postln}, \ttest)
o.writeArchive("~/ttest.txt".standardizePath)  //WARNING: cannot archive open Functions

so when the server is booted OSCFunc cannot be archived.

temporary workaround is to trick the oscfunc to not use the default dispatcher...
s.boot
o= OSCFunc({|m| m.postln}, \ttest, dispatcher:[])
o.writeArchive("~/ttest.txt".standardizePath)  //no problem when booted

user error or real bug?
_f

  #|
  |#

Re: OSCFunc writeArchive

jamshark70-2

On January 6, 2018 19:50:47 [hidden email] wrote:

> hi list,
> a funny little thing...
>
> s.boot
> o= OSCFunc({|m| m.postln}, \ttest)
> o.writeArchive("~/ttest.txt".standardizePath)  //WARNING: cannot archive open Functions
>
> so when the server is booted OSCFunc cannot be archived.
>
> user error or real bug?

I wouldn't trust archiving an OSCFunc -- better to archive the parameters and rebuild the objects from those -- but apart from that, it sounds like OSCFunc (and probably OSCdef too) doesn't define proper `storeArgs`, which would make compile strings unreliable.

hjh

Sent with AquaMail for Android
http://www.aqua-mail.com

Re: OSCFunc writeArchive

Scott Wilson-3
I’d have to look (away from machine now) but probably the dispatcher holds an open function or something.

Should be resolvable, but there’d be an interesting question of how to deal with dispatchers since they can be shared or custom.

S.