Quantcast

OSX SCUserView missing

PTR3
Where is SCUserView? I tried to subclass it and I get the error super class not found. I even downloaded the source and scanned it for "SCUserView" and I only found a reference on Knob. I am obviously missing something. Thank you for any help.

Re: OSX SCUserView missing

Nathan Ho
Hi PTR3,

I'm afraid to say your message didn't get through properly. You need to post in the "SuperCollider Users New (Use this!!!!)" subforum and be subscribed to sc-users or sc-users-acl (for non-delivery), otherwise your messages don't get delivered to everyone's inboxes. Terribly sorry, these mailing lists are a mess.

I can answer your question. It's gone! It disappeared in 3.7 with cross-platform unification of the GUI. Use UserView instead.

There is no good reason to subclass UserView. I suggest you use composition (make the UserView instance a property of your custom view class), not inheritance.

The advice in the UserView help file is outdated. I will file a PR to fix when I get around to it.

Nathan

PTR3 wrote