Quantcast

Question about spatialization

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
6 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Question about spatialization

chanof
Hy guys, sorry for me stupid question, i ve some problems about clone a source to 4 channels,
I think in past i always do something like: {SinOsc.ar!4}.play to clone the same sound to 4 speakers, but now it work only for the first two stereo speakers.

This is the log of s.boot

Number of Devices: 7
   0 : "Built-in Microph"
   1 : "Built-in Output"
   2 : "Duet USB"
   3 : "Soundflower (2ch)"
   4 : "Soundflower (64ch)"
   5 : "Instant On Sound Effects"
   6 : "Loopback Audio"

"Duet USB" Input Device
   Streams: 1
      0  channels 2

"Duet USB" Output Device
   Streams: 1
      0  channels 4


Could you say me where im going wrong?

Thanks a lot!
 
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Question about spatialization

madamdata
Hi, if you open the levels meter do you see 4 outputs or just two? You might have to look at Server.local.options to set the number of output channels.

On 17 February 2017 10:22:52 GMT-05:00, chanof <[hidden email]> wrote:

>Hy guys, sorry for me stupid question, i ve some problems about clone a
>source to 4 channels,
>I think in past i always do something like: {SinOsc.ar!4}.play to clone
>the
>same sound to 4 speakers, but now it work only for the first two stereo
>speakers.
>
>This is the log of s.boot
>
>Number of Devices: 7
>   0 : "Built-in Microph"
>   1 : "Built-in Output"
>   2 : "Duet USB"
>   3 : "Soundflower (2ch)"
>   4 : "Soundflower (64ch)"
>   5 : "Instant On Sound Effects"
>   6 : "Loopback Audio"
>
>"Duet USB" Input Device
>   Streams: 1
>      0  channels 2
>
>"Duet USB" Output Device
>   Streams: 1
>      0  channels 4
>
>
>Could you say me where im going wrong?
>
>Thanks a lot!
>
>
>
>
>--
>View this message in context:
>http://new-supercollider-mailing-lists-forums-use-these.2681727.n2.nabble.com/Question-about-spatialization-tp7630751.html
>Sent from the SuperCollider Users New (Use this!!!!) mailing list
>archive at Nabble.com.
>
>_______________________________________________
>sc-users mailing list
>
>info (subscription, etc.):
>http://www.birmingham.ac.uk/facilities/ea-studios/research/supercollider/mailinglist.aspx
>archive: http://www.listarc.bham.ac.uk/marchives/sc-users/
>search: http://www.listarc.bham.ac.uk/lists/sc-users/search/

aa

_______________________________________________
sc-users mailing list

info (subscription, etc.): http://www.birmingham.ac.uk/facilities/ea-studios/research/supercollider/mailinglist.aspx
archive: http://www.listarc.bham.ac.uk/marchives/sc-users/
search: http://www.listarc.bham.ac.uk/lists/sc-users/search/
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Question about spatialization

chanof
Thanks Madamdata
Before your reply there was only two channels out on server meter, now with

Server.local.options.numOutputBusChannels = 4;    // change number of input and output channels
Server.local.options.numInputBusChannels = 4;
Server.internal.options.numOutputBusChannels = 4;
Server.internal.options.numInputBusChannels = 4;

There are 4 channels on the server meter, but out the soundcard only two..
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Question about spatialization

madamdata
i'm not sure what { }.play syntax does to the outputs - have you tried
putting it in a synthdef?
SynthDef('foo', {
var sig = SinOsc.ar([100,200,300,400],mul:0.1);
Out.ar(0,sig);
}.add;
Synth('foo');

On Fri, Feb 17, 2017 at 10:51 AM, chanof <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Thanks Madamdata
> Before your reply there was only two channels out on server meter, now with
>
> Server.local.options.numOutputBusChannels = 4;    // change number of input
> and output channels
> Server.local.options.numInputBusChannels = 4;
> Server.internal.options.numOutputBusChannels = 4;
> Server.internal.options.numInputBusChannels = 4;
>
> There are 4 channels on the server meter, but out the soundcard only two..
>
>
>
>
> --
> View this message in context: http://new-supercollider-mailing-lists-forums-use-these.2681727.n2.nabble.com/Question-about-spatialization-tp7630751p7630753.html
> Sent from the SuperCollider Users New (Use this!!!!) mailing list archive at Nabble.com.
>
> _______________________________________________
> sc-users mailing list
>
> info (subscription, etc.): http://www.birmingham.ac.uk/facilities/ea-studios/research/supercollider/mailinglist.aspx
> archive: http://www.listarc.bham.ac.uk/marchives/sc-users/
> search: http://www.listarc.bham.ac.uk/lists/sc-users/search/

_______________________________________________
sc-users mailing list

info (subscription, etc.): http://www.birmingham.ac.uk/facilities/ea-studios/research/supercollider/mailinglist.aspx
archive: http://www.listarc.bham.ac.uk/marchives/sc-users/
search: http://www.listarc.bham.ac.uk/lists/sc-users/search/
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Question about spatialization

chanof
Thank you Madamdata,
run this syntax at the boot resolve the problem!

(
s.quit;
Server.local.options.numOutputBusChannels = 4;    // change number of input and output channels
Server.local.options.numInputBusChannels = 4;
Server.internal.options.numOutputBusChannels = 4;
Server.internal.options.numInputBusChannels = 4;
s.boot;
)
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Question about spatialization

Julian Rohrhuber-3
In reply to this post by madamdata

> On 17.02.2017, at 17:14, a. adhiyatma <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> i'm not sure what { }.play syntax does to the outputs

It does nothing that Out.ar() wouldn’t do to it.

output 20 channel audio:

{ { SinOsc.ar(rrand(300, 1000.0)) }.dup(20) * 0.1 }.play;
_______________________________________________
sc-users mailing list

info (subscription, etc.): http://www.birmingham.ac.uk/facilities/ea-studios/research/supercollider/mailinglist.aspx
archive: http://www.listarc.bham.ac.uk/marchives/sc-users/
search: http://www.listarc.bham.ac.uk/lists/sc-users/search/
Loading...