Quantcast

Standalone Template

sono@
Hi list,

is there an updated explanation for making a standalone app with 3.8, maybe by duplicating and tweeking the app itself.  I tried that but did not understand how to insert a startup file.

Many thanks in advance

Henry

Re: Standalone Template

alberto.decampo
hi henry,
long time no see ;-)

I have been making standalones with 3.7.0 and 3.8.0 along the lines of this script:
https://gist.github.com/adcxyz/81c6be8cda432b222e4aea3a97406a55

Let me know if you run into any problems, then I can adapt/update for 3.8.0 if needed.

best adc

> On 09/02/2017, at 09:14 , sono@ <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi list,
>
> is there an updated explanation for making a standalone app with 3.8, maybe by duplicating and tweeking the app itself.  I tried that but did not understand how to insert a startup file.
>
> Many thanks in advance
>
> Henry
>
> www.henryvega.net
> soundcloud.com/henryvega

Re: Standalone Template

sono@
Alberto!

very nice to hear from you...This worked extremelly well...!!…I got the paths working and its ready to send, just like that.

thanks a lot and hope to see you soon!

chao,
Henry

www.henryvega.net
soundcloud.com/henryvega

> On Feb 9, 2017, at 11:18 AM, alberto.decampo <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> hi henry,
> long time no see ;-)
>
> I have been making standalones with 3.7.0 and 3.8.0 along the lines of this script:
> https://gist.github.com/adcxyz/81c6be8cda432b222e4aea3a97406a55
>
> Let me know if you run into any problems, then I can adapt/update for 3.8.0 if needed.
>
> best adc
>
>> On 09/02/2017, at 09:14 , sono@ <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Hi list,
>>
>> is there an updated explanation for making a standalone app with 3.8, maybe by duplicating and tweeking the app itself.  I tried that but did not understand how to insert a startup file.
>>
>> Many thanks in advance
>>
>> Henry
>>
>> www.henryvega.net
>> soundcloud.com/henryvega

Re: Standalone Template

Josh Parmenter
yes - very cool. Perhaps this can be included in a help file for standalones in the SC distro?
Best,
Josh

> On Feb 9, 2017, at 6:21 AM, sono@ <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Alberto!
>
> very nice to hear from you...This worked extremelly well...!!…I got the paths working and its ready to send, just like that.
>
> thanks a lot and hope to see you soon!
>
> chao,
> Henry
>
> www.henryvega.net
> soundcloud.com/henryvega
>

>> On Feb 9, 2017, at 11:18 AM, alberto.decampo <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> hi henry,
>> long time no see ;-)
>>
>> I have been making standalones with 3.7.0 and 3.8.0 along the lines of this script:
>> https://gist.github.com/adcxyz/81c6be8cda432b222e4aea3a97406a55
>>
>> Let me know if you run into any problems, then I can adapt/update for 3.8.0 if needed.
>>
>> best adc
>>
>>> On 09/02/2017, at 09:14 , sono@ <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi list,
>>>
>>> is there an updated explanation for making a standalone app with 3.8, maybe by duplicating and tweeking the app itself.  I tried that but did not understand how to insert a startup file.
>>>
>>> Many thanks in advance
>>>
>>> Henry
>>>
>>> www.henryvega.net
>>> soundcloud.com/henryvega

/* Joshua D. Parmenter
http://www.realizedsound.net/josh/

*/

Re: Standalone Template

sono@
Hey Josh et al,

adding this would be a great help.  I would suggest some help-tips for making your own startup file….and on that note I do have a couple of questions.

- CmdPeriod.add({ TempoClock.default.clear; }); is a line in my startup file which doesnt work.
Its something that is commented out since version 3.7 which I miss. For now I just edited it in the library for my standalone but would be less work if it could be done from the startup file.

- how can I vanish/hide the IDE from the standalone so I just see my gui’s.  something I would like to also add to the startup file.

cheers and thanks!

www.henryvega.net
soundcloud.com/henryvega

> On Feb 9, 2017, at 2:59 PM, Josh Parmenter <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> yes - very cool. Perhaps this can be included in a help file for standalones in the SC distro?
> Best,
> Josh
>
>> On Feb 9, 2017, at 6:21 AM, sono@ <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Alberto!
>>
>> very nice to hear from you...This worked extremelly well...!!…I got the paths working and its ready to send, just like that.
>>
>> thanks a lot and hope to see you soon!
>>
>> chao,
>> Henry
>>
>> www.henryvega.net
>> soundcloud.com/henryvega
>>

>>> On Feb 9, 2017, at 11:18 AM, alberto.decampo <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>>
>>> hi henry,
>>> long time no see ;-)
>>>
>>> I have been making standalones with 3.7.0 and 3.8.0 along the lines of this script:
>>> https://gist.github.com/adcxyz/81c6be8cda432b222e4aea3a97406a55
>>>
>>> Let me know if you run into any problems, then I can adapt/update for 3.8.0 if needed.
>>>
>>> best adc

> /* Joshua D. Parmenter
> http://www.realizedsound.net/josh/
>
> “Every composer – at all times and in all cases – gives his own interpretation of how modern society is structured: whether actively or passively, consciously or unconsciously, he makes choices in this regard. He may be conservative or he may subject himself to continual renewal; or he may strive for a revolutionary, historical or social palingenesis." - Luigi Nono
> */

Re: Standalone Template

alberto.decampo
hi josh,

yes, happy to turn that into a help file.

> On 09/02/2017, at 16:18 , sono@ <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hey Josh et al,
>
> adding this would be a great help.  I would suggest some help-tips for making your own startup file….and on that note I do have a couple of questions.
>
> - CmdPeriod.add({ TempoClock.default.clear; }); is a line in my startup file which doesnt work.
> Its something that is commented out since version 3.7 which I miss. For now I just edited it in the library for my standalone but would be less work if it could be done from the startup file.

Sorry, I don’t get it.
3.8.0 does clear the default TempoClock on Cmd.Period,
so what do you want to achieve by adding it to your startup file?

> - how can I vanish/hide the IDE from the standalone so I just see my gui’s.  something I would like to also add to the startup file.

unixCmd("osascript -e 'tell application \"Finder\"' -e 'set visible of process \"SuperCollider\" to false' -e 'end tell'”);

> cheers and thanks!
>
> www.henryvega.net
> soundcloud.com/henryvega
>

>> On Feb 9, 2017, at 2:59 PM, Josh Parmenter <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> yes - very cool. Perhaps this can be included in a help file for standalones in the SC distro?
>> Best,
>> Josh
>>
>>> On Feb 9, 2017, at 6:21 AM, sono@ <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>>
>>> Alberto!
>>>
>>> very nice to hear from you...This worked extremelly well...!!…I got the paths working and its ready to send, just like that.
>>>
>>> thanks a lot and hope to see you soon!
>>>
>>> chao,
>>> Henry
>>>
>>> www.henryvega.net
>>> soundcloud.com/henryvega

>> /* Joshua D. Parmenter
>> http://www.realizedsound.net/josh/
>>
>> “Every composer – at all times and in all cases – gives his own interpretation of how modern society is structured: whether actively or passively, consciously or unconsciously, he makes choices in this regard. He may be conservative or he may subject himself to continual renewal; or he may strive for a revolutionary, historical or social palingenesis." - Luigi Nono
>> */

Re: Standalone Template

alberto.decampo
Since this is OSC only, would it be friendlier to put it into a quark, and only point to it in the standard distro?

I have several related useful things in classes already that could also go there.

best adc