SuperCollider 3.9.0-rc1 released

Nathan Ho
Hi list,

Our first release candidate for SuperCollider 3.9 is out now! If all
goes well, this version will become the official 3.9 release. Here's the
release page:

https://github.com/supercollider/supercollider/releases/tag/Version-3.9.0-rc1

Here's a quick list of changes since 3.9.0-beta1:

- server.waitForBoot broke in the beta. It has been restored now.
- The TOC in SCDoc has been redesigned to fix a UI issue introduced in
the beta.
- Fixed supernova crashing when too many controls are used.
- Fixed duplicate node ID errors involving Server.initTree.
- Volume now respects lag time when it is instantiated or destroyed.
- Server:clientID is now protected from being changed while the server
is running.
- History and HistoryGui have been cleaned up.
- A new "booted" stage has been added to Server objects that have been
booted but may not be running yet, accessible via Server:hasBooted and
Server:allBootedServers.

Nathan

Re: SuperCollider 3.9.0-rc1 released

brianlheim
Hi Glen,

There have been no new issues reported with sc3-plugins since the beta1 release, so it is safe to use the 3.9.0-beta1 release of sc3-plugins with this rc.

Nathan, do you think we should add a rc1 release for sc3-plugins to be proper?

-Brian

On Mon, Jan 1, 2018 at 12:55 PM, <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

prko
Hi,

Thank you for the rc1...

For me, the behaviour of the "Table of contents" is strange...
After changing a help document, the left column for the "table of contents" is disappeared...

I think that the column must always be shown after clicking "table of contents", and that it must be disappeared after clicking "table of contents" once again.

best

On 2018-01-05 05:46, [hidden email] wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Thank you for the rc1...
>
> For me, the behaviour of the "Table of contents" is strange...
> After changing a help document, the left column for the "table of
> contents" is disappeared...
>
> I think that the column must always be shown after clicking "table of
> contents", and that it must be disappeared after clicking "table of
> contents" once again.

thanks for the report. this has already been fixed in 3.9.0-rc2 :)

nathan