SuperColliderAU repo

g.roma.lists
Hi all. While discussing the SuperColliderAU PR in the dev meeting, the question about the ideal location of this code was raised. The plugin wraps the supercollider server and thus it is quite sensitive to changes in the server code, this is the reason it was originally added to the project.

Nowadays, with the help of travis and git submodules it would be less of an issue to maintain it as a separate project, potentially hosted in the SuperCollider github organization. On the other hand, beyond the code in platform/mac, there are a few ifdefs and the SC_AU backend in server/scsynth which are more ingrained.

Moving the code to a new project would involve re-working the build script, so maybe merging this PR (at least for the moment) would not be too bad anyway, as it fixes code that is not working.

Any thoughts on this?

best,

gerard

Re: SuperColliderAU repo

amindfv
"Simplify, simplify, simplify!"

My vote would be that if it's possible, it should be a separate repo and submodule.

Tom