Quantcast

Translate from Processing to SuperCollider

Translate from Processing to SuperCollider

chanof
Hi there, i want to translate an "FFT Landscape generator" built with Processing to SuperCollider with Canvas3D or something like, I want try to test the CPU to understand if SuperCollider can do it with less power.

I wonder to know if it is possible, and which lib can help

Also im opened to a collab for translate it :)

Thanks!
Gianmaria

Re: Translate from Processing to SuperCollider

ddw_music
chanof wrote
Hi there, i want to translate an "FFT Landscape generator" built with Processing to SuperCollider with Canvas3D or something like, I want try to test the CPU to understand if SuperCollider can do it with less power.
The thought of SC drawing graphics *faster* than Processing gave me quite a chuckle over lunch ;)

I'd say, it might be fun as an exercise in writing 3D graphics, but for CPU performance, there is no way SC will beat Processing's optimized graphics libraries. No way. It's like using a wrench to cut wallpaper to size -- a wrench is a great tool for what it does, but it doesn't do everything equally well.

Re: Translate from Processing to SuperCollider

I’d be curious to see the result of this nevertheless. Processing is not especially efficient IME.

S.