Quantcast

VST

Scott Carver
Steinberg finally got wise and teased the VST SDK under a gpl license, and are supporting Linux.

https://github.com/steinbergmedia/vst3sdk/blob/master/LICENSE.txt

It's still an awful API but - scsynth as a VST anyone? (Or host, for that matter)

- S

Re: VST

Scott Carver

And - there are various successful attempts to use QT as a UI for VST plugins, so sclang-based UI is on the table as well.

On Fri, Mar 17, 2017, 4:10 PM Scott Carver <[hidden email]> wrote:
Steinberg finally got wise and teased the VST SDK under a gpl license, and are supporting Linux.

https://github.com/steinbergmedia/vst3sdk/blob/master/LICENSE.txt

It's still an awful API but - scsynth as a VST anyone? (Or host, for that matter)

- S

- S

- S

Re: VST

brian heim
time to PARTY. thanks for the news!

--
_______________________________
Brian Heim

B.M. '14 University of Texas at Austin
M.M. '16 Yale School of Music

B.M. '14 University of Texas at Austin
M.M. '16 Yale School of Music

Re: VST

Tim Blechmann-2
> And - there are various successful attempts to use QT as a UI for VST
> plugins, so sclang-based UI is on the table as well.

vanilla qt is still not ready for it. 5.9 will improve the situation,
but still patches will be required. also special care needs to be taken
to guard against qt versions that may come with the host (e.g. live).
also keyboard event handling needs special treatment.