cross fading loops ...

bloodymortimer
i was looking for some basic info on this topic & found this discussion ...

https://github.com/supercollider/supercollider/issues/2600

so it appears this facility is currently not available, to cross fade a
looped sample playback?

i am yet to actually play back a sample in SC, but i was hoping to load all
the 'Sonatina Symphony' free orchestral samples in, & I was really hoping
not to have to go through & find zero crossings for them all ...

as such, having stumbled onto this & no further evidence to the contrary,
just wondering what might be happening with respect to the addition of this
functionality ...

i could take a sort of 'quasi-granular approach to this i suppose ... long,
slightly randomised 'grains' covering most of the sample length ...

it would be a very convenient option however to just cross-fade the issue
away, particularly to just get up & running with a sample set with minimal
effort ...

i'd welcome any feedback on the issue from anyone who might be involved in
the development or know the details ... or of course, to hear there's
another already existent 'out the box' solution ...

Aw: [sc-users] cross fading loops ...

daniel-mayer

There's PlayBufCF from wslib quark and as a general crossfade tool you can look up DX ugens from miSCellaneous_lib quark. There are examples for buffer playback crossfading included in DX help files, but crossfading sample loops was not my primary goal. It should indeed be not too difficult to accomplish that with a little wrapper, I will think about that.

Greetings

Daniel