feature request: more scide dark colour themes

feature request: more scide dark colour themes

Fredrik Olofsson
the 'dark' theme that ships with scide is hideous!  most of the code is in unreadable pink.

any objections to include at least one more dark variant?  perhaps someone here have a reasonable theme?
or shall we ask for contributions on sc-users?  or just grab (and adapt) this one...?
https://github.com/helmholtz/sc-solarized

_f

  #|
     fredrikolofsson.com     musicalfieldsforever.com
  |#

Re: feature request: more scide dark colour themes

contact
solarized looks good; quite similar to my personal favourite 'blue
forest':
http://www.decodified.com/misc/2011/06/15/blueforest-a-dark-color-scheme-for-intellij-idea.html
(https://github.com/sirthias/BlueForest/blob/master/color_values.txt)

best, .h.h.

On 09/01/18 15:36, [hidden email] wrote:
> the 'dark' theme that ships with scide is hideous!  most of the code is in unreadable pink.
>
> any objections to include at least one more dark variant?  perhaps someone here have a reasonable theme?
> or shall we ask for contributions on sc-users?  or just grab (and adapt) this one...?
> https://github.com/helmholtz/sc-solarized
>
> _f

Re: feature request: more scide dark colour themes

brianlheim
Hi Fredrik,

I would be happy to have more themes available in the IDE. Personally, this is very low on my list of priorities, but I would gladly review and merge PRs to add them.

I use a light scheme for programming, but the dark scheme that ships with JetBrains's IDEs is my most memorable dark theme. (https://draculatheme.com/jetbrains/). Many people like Solarized, so it would make sense to add it.

I think asking a crowd for their opinions on syntax colouring is likely to end in heartbreak.

-Brian

On Tue, Jan 9, 2018 at 9:41 AM, <[hidden email]> wrote:
solarized looks good; quite similar to my personal favourite 'blue
forest':
http://www.decodified.com/misc/2011/06/15/blueforest-a-dark-color-scheme-for-intellij-idea.html
(https://github.com/sirthias/BlueForest/blob/master/color_values.txt)

best, .h.h.

On 09/01/18 15:36, [hidden email] wrote:
> the 'dark' theme that ships with scide is hideous!  most of the code is in unreadable pink.
>
> any objections to include at least one more dark variant?  perhaps someone here have a reasonable theme?
> or shall we ask for contributions on sc-users?  or just grab (and adapt) this one...?
> https://github.com/helmholtz/sc-solarized
>
> _f

Re: feature request: more scide dark colour themes

jamshark70-2
---- On Tue, 09 Jan 2018 22:36:51 +0800 <[hidden email]> wrote ----
> the 'dark' theme that ships with scide is hideous!  most of the code is in unreadable pink.
>
> any objections to include at least one more dark variant?  perhaps someone here have a reasonable theme?

For what it's worth, here's my dark theme. I suppose it could be a little bolder, but I find it quite readable. (I'm a little concerned that e-mail will crush the yaml indentation... oh well.)

While we're on the subject of dark backgrounds -- the bright gray bars above the document panel and post window are appalling. That's bothered me for years -- almost every color is configurable, except that one.

hjh

      hjhdark:
        built-in: !textFormat
          color: "#baf8ff"
          bold: true
          italic: false
        char: !textFormat
          color: "#bef7be"
          italic: false
        class: !textFormat
          color: "#a6d8ff"
          bold: true
          italic: false
        comment: !textFormat
          color: "#ff5943"
          italic: false
        currentLine: !textFormat
          color: "#000000"
          background: "#19243d"
          italic: false
        env-var: !textFormat
          color: "#e2a67d"
          italic: false
        evaluatedCode: !textFormat
          color: "#000000"
          background: "#f8a200"
        keyword: !textFormat
          color: "#b5b5ff"
          bold: true
          italic: false
        lineNumbers: !textFormat
          color: "#aaaaaa"
          background: "#484848"
          italic: false
        matchingBrackets: !textFormat
          color: "#ffffff"
          background: "#142d38"
          bold: true
          italic: false
        mismatchedBrackets: !textFormat
          color: "#ffffff"
          background: "#960000"
          italic: false
        number: !textFormat
          color: "#ff8fff"
          italic: false
        postwindowemphasis: !textFormat
          color: "#ffffff"
          bold: true
          italic: false
        postwindowerror: !textFormat
          color: "#ff222d"
          italic: false
        postwindowsuccess: !textFormat
          color: "#5cc104"
          italic: false
        postwindowtext: !textFormat
          color: "#ffffff"
          background: "#000000"
          italic: false
        postwindowwarning: !textFormat
          color: "#a57706"
          italic: false
        primitive: !textFormat
          color: "#7c7cff"
          italic: false
        searchResult: !textFormat
          color: "#000000"
          background: "#939349"
          italic: false
        selection: !textFormat
          color: "#ffffff"
          background: "#34506b"
          italic: false
        string: !textFormat
          color: "#d4d4d4"
          italic: false
        symbol: !textFormat
          color: "#bff8bf"
          italic: false
        text: !textFormat
          color: "#ffffff"
          background: "#141414"
          italic: false
        whitespace: !textFormat
          color: "#bdbdbd"
          italic: false

sc-dark.png (108K) Download Attachment

Re: feature request: more scide dark colour themes

yvan.sc
On 01/09/2018 03:36 PM, [hidden email] wrote:
> the 'dark' theme that ships with scide is hideous!  most of the code is in unreadable pink.
>
> any objections to include at least one more dark variant?  perhaps someone here have a reasonable theme?

hi Fredrik!
I just submitted dracula theme check it out it's a great one
(screenshots and all):
https://github.com/supercollider/supercollider/pull/3410

BTW it would be _so nice_ to have our themes as *.yaml in the config
folder instead of hardcoded in sc-ide code.. I had a go but my Qt
knowledge is too bad :)

cheers,

http://s3pt3ntrion.com
http://soundcloud.com/yvanvolochine
http://soundcloud.com/elgusanorojo
http://vimeo.com/yv

12 jan. 2018 kl. 18:44 skrev [hidden email]:

On 01/09/2018 03:36 PM, [hidden email] wrote:
the 'dark' theme that ships with scide is hideous!  most of the code is in unreadable pink.

any objections to include at least one more dark variant?  perhaps someone here have a reasonable theme?

hi Fredrik!
I just submitted dracula theme check it out it's a great one
(screenshots and all):
https://github.com/supercollider/supercollider/pull/3410

BTW it would be _so nice_ to have our themes as *.yaml in the config
folder instead of hardcoded in sc-ide code.. I had a go but my Qt
knowledge is too bad :)

cheers,

hi Yvan,
looks great!  i'd vote for including it.

i also did solarized dark and light...
https://github.com/supercollider/supercollider/compare/develop...redFrik:scide-add-solarized-theme
but then i got stuck with git (sigh).  that Unpack1FFT.schelp update doesn't belong in there so i never sent off a pull request.

let's go with your theme.
_f

  #|
     fredrikolofsson.com     musicalfieldsforever.com
  |#

Re: feature request: more scide dark colour themes

brianlheim
> i also did solarized dark and light...https://github.com/supercollider/supercollider/compare/develop...redFrik:scide-add-solarized-theme
> but then i got stuck with git (sigh)

Hey Fredrik,

You could do this:

git checkout -b scide-add-solarized-theme-fixed develop
git cherry-pick da0d34ab3 # the commit that contains your fixes

Then create a pull request with that branch.

> BTW it would be _so nice_ to have our themes as *.yaml in the config
> folder instead of hardcoded in sc-ide code.. I had a go but my Qt
> knowledge is too bad :)

I agree. At least one should be hard-coded as a fallback, though. This would be a good feature request for the issue tracker!

Regards,
Brian

https://github.com/supercollider/supercollider/issues/3411 :)