Quantcast

memory allocation question

mopani
I'm a supercollider user somewhere between beginner and intermediate just getting to grips with making music.

I occasionally get messages telling me to allocate more memory to various synths. I have a Macbook pro with 16gb which I'd have thought would be enough to run several channels of sound with a few processes going on.

My question is how much memory I should be allocating to supercollider to be able, within reason (i.e. not too many reverbs or filters or complex synths) to run several channels. I'm running this code:-

s.options.memSize = 1048576;

 - is that sufficient?

thanks