new to SC3, about default Buses "b,c"

liq

new to SC3, about default Buses "b,c"

liq
hello, I am new to SC3, in the Tutorial there is an line in an example:

x = Synth(\tutorial_Reverb2, [\inBus, b], ~effects);

this "b" seems is an default one channel bus, "c" also.
where can I find more info about these default settings in SC3?

next questions is about these block of code:

SynthDef(\tutorial_Reverb2, { arg outBus = 0, inBus;
    var input;
    input = In.ar(inBus, 2);
    16.do({ input = AllpassC.ar(input, 0.04, Rand(0.001,0.04), 3)});
    Out.ar(outBus, input);
}).add;
)

// now we create groups for effects and synths
(
~sources = Group.new;
~effects = Group.after(~sources);     // make sure it's after
~bus = Bus.audio(s, 2);         // this will be our stereo effects bus
)

// now synths in the groups. The default addAction is \addToHead
x = Synth(\tutorial_Reverb2, [\inBus, b], ~effects);

"b" is an one channel bus, but two channels are fetched out of it... I would get an error (Group 1001 not found)if I created a two  channel buses passed to the function... (d = Bus('control',7,2);), Why ?

thanks!!

Re: new to SC3, about default Buses "b,c"

shiihs
Hi liq,

You've posted in the spam trap. Pretty much no one will see your post.

You will first need to register your email address with the access control list by sending an
email to majordomo@lists.bham.ac.uk containing the following text in the body:

subscribe sc-users-acl

Doing it like that will not cause any mails to appear in your inbox, but you will be able to post and read via nabble in a way that all subscribed supercollider users can see your posts. If you put the text

subscribe sc-users

instead, you will receive all the emails in your inbox and be able to react to them via regular email.

Have fun supercolliding!