passing oscillators as arguments in complex additive synthesis.

passing oscillators as arguments in complex additive synthesis.

beenthere
So, I am trying to re synthesize a sound using additive synthesis. However It would make things a lot easier and efficient if I could find a way to get these two examples work the same.
{SinOsc.ar(100 + (SinOsc.ar(6.2)), mul: 1)}.play;

 m = SinOsc.ar(6.2);
{SinOsc.ar(100 + m, mul: 1)}.play;
In other words is there a way to assign a Ugen to a variable and then pass it as an argument to another ugen. if I can't, why can't I? and what alternatives am I left with?

Re: passing oscillators as arguments in complex additive synthesis.

shiihs
Hi, just warning you that you are posting in the wrong place.
Basically no one sees what you post here unless by accident (as I am doing now)

The correct place to post these questions is here:

Before you post there using the Nabble web interface, make sure to also sign up with the access control mailing list. Otherwise again only a small fraction of readers will see your messages.
When you try to create a new topic, you should automatically get some suggestions of how to subscribe to the correct mailing list.