release mode

Nathan Ho
hi list,

we are now in release mode for 3.9! bugfix pull requests should be
directed to the 3.9 branch. we'll be periodically merging 3.9 back into
master until release.

just found out this useful feature of github: if pull request is made to
master that should go to 3.9, hit "edit" to the right of the title to
change the base branch. you have permissions to do this if you are the
PR owner or have write access to the repo

immediately after release, i think we should adopt git-flow, moving to
stable master and using "develop" the way we use master now. a primer is
here: http://nvie.com/posts/a-successful-git-branching-model/

nathan

Re: release mode

Nathan Ho
On 2017-08-11 21:29, [hidden email] wrote:
> hi list,
>
> we are now in release mode for 3.9! bugfix pull requests should be
> directed to the 3.9 branch. we'll be periodically merging 3.9 back
> into master until release.

also: github now has a new feature that requires all pushes to go
through an approved PR. i have enabled this for both master and 3.9.

nathan

Re: release mode

brianlheim
excellent. what is our protocol for things that go into 3.9 vs things that wait? i'm guessing it's that any further API changes are avoided but small and/or important fixes go through.

-Brian

_______________________________
Brian Heim | computer musician & programmer

Re: release mode

Nathan Ho
On 2017-08-13 08:20, [hidden email] wrote:
> excellent. what is our protocol for things that go into 3.9 vs things
> that wait? i'm guessing it's that any further API changes are avoided
> but small and/or important fixes go through.

hi brian,

yes, that would be the idea.

as for our release schedule, let's get a beta out the door quickly.

nathan