server failed to start on rpi0 with jessie lite and redFrik/supercolliderStandaloneRPI1 over ssh

server failed to start on rpi0 with jessie lite and redFrik/supercolliderStandaloneRPI1 over ssh

casey.thomas.anderson
Hi all,

I have been following the instructions here for installing supercollider on rpi0 under jessie lite and am consistently having an issue when trying to boot the server over ssh. If I run the following commands:

jackd -P75 -dalsa -dhw:1 -p1024 -n3 -s -r44100 &
cd supercolliderStandaloneRPI1
xvfb-run --auto-servernum ./sclang -a -l sclang.yaml

I get the following as a response:

sc3> s.boot;
booting 57110
-> localhost
sc3> Found 0 LADSPA plugins
Connect: can't connect named semaphore name = jack_sem.1001_default_system err = No such file or directory
ClientNotify fails name = system notification = 0 val1 = 0 val2 = 0
NotifyAddClient new_client fails name = SuperCollider
Cannot notify add client
Cannot create new client
Cannot open SuperCollider client
terminate called without an active exception
RESULT = 0
ERROR: server failed to start

Any suggestions on how to resolve this so I can boot the server? I am a bit mystified as to exactly what is happening right now.

Casey

Re: server failed to start on rpi0 with jessie lite and redFrik/supercolliderStandaloneRPI1 over ssh

Fredrik Olofsson
hi Casey,
and it boots ok when you have a monitor+keyboard connected, right?

are you using the new rpi0 wireless?

can you post the output of the jackd command?

and what happens if you just do:
sudo reboot  #to start afresh
#log in via ssh
cd supercolliderStandaloneRPI1
xvfb-run ./autostart.sh

same error?

i just went through the instructions now and the server boots without errors.  so i can't reproduce your problem.  although i must admit i never came close to a rpi zero so i'm testing this all on an old rpi1.  (in theory they should be the same but who knows...)
_f

> 20 mar 2017 kl. 20:03 skrev Casey Anderson <[hidden email]>:
>
> Hi all,
>
> I have been following the instructions here for installing supercollider on rpi0 under jessie lite and am consistently having an issue when trying to boot the server over ssh. If I run the following commands:
>
> jackd -P75 -dalsa -dhw:1 -p1024 -n3 -s -r44100 &
> cd supercolliderStandaloneRPI1
> xvfb-run --auto-servernum ./sclang -a -l sclang.yaml
>
> I get the following as a response:
>
> sc3> s.boot;
> booting 57110
> -> localhost
> sc3> Found 0 LADSPA plugins
> Connect: can't connect named semaphore name = jack_sem.1001_default_system err = No such file or directory
> ClientNotify fails name = system notification = 0 val1 = 0 val2 = 0
> NotifyAddClient new_client fails name = SuperCollider
> Cannot notify add client
> Cannot create new client
> Cannot open SuperCollider client
> terminate called without an active exception
> RESULT = 0
> ERROR: server failed to start
> For advice: [http://supercollider.github.io/tutorials/server-failed-to-start]
>
> Any suggestions on how to resolve this so I can boot the server? I am a bit mystified as to exactly what is happening right now.
>
> Casey

  #|
     fredrikolofsson.com     musicalfieldsforever.com
  |#

Re: server failed to start on rpi0 with jessie lite and redFrik/supercolliderStandaloneRPI1 over ssh

casey.thomas.anderson
Hey Fredrik,

Pardon the long delay. I was doing all of this on a normal rpizero but have recently acquired two pi zero w's. I am in the process of reimaging and updating some things for these zero w's so why don't i follow up with responses to the commands you list after this weekend, when i will be able to more properly test.

More soon and thanks for getting back to me,

Casey

On Tue, Mar 21, 2017 at 5:00 PM Fredrik Olofsson <[hidden email]> wrote:
hi Casey,
and it boots ok when you have a monitor+keyboard connected, right?

are you using the new rpi0 wireless?

can you post the output of the jackd command?

and what happens if you just do:
sudo reboot  #to start afresh
#log in via ssh
cd supercolliderStandaloneRPI1
xvfb-run ./autostart.sh

same error?

i just went through the instructions now and the server boots without errors.  so i can't reproduce your problem.  although i must admit i never came close to a rpi zero so i'm testing this all on an old rpi1.  (in theory they should be the same but who knows...)
_f

> 20 mar 2017 kl. 20:03 skrev Casey Anderson <[hidden email]>:
>
> Hi all,
>
> I have been following the instructions here for installing supercollider on rpi0 under jessie lite and am consistently having an issue when trying to boot the server over ssh. If I run the following commands:
>
> jackd -P75 -dalsa -dhw:1 -p1024 -n3 -s -r44100 &
> cd supercolliderStandaloneRPI1
> xvfb-run --auto-servernum ./sclang -a -l sclang.yaml
>
> I get the following as a response:
>
> sc3> s.boot;
> booting 57110
> -> localhost
> sc3> Found 0 LADSPA plugins
> Connect: can't connect named semaphore name = jack_sem.1001_default_system err = No such file or directory
> ClientNotify fails name = system notification = 0 val1 = 0 val2 = 0
> NotifyAddClient new_client fails name = SuperCollider
> Cannot notify add client
> Cannot create new client
> Cannot open SuperCollider client
> terminate called without an active exception
> RESULT = 0
> ERROR: server failed to start
> For advice: [http://supercollider.github.io/tutorials/server-failed-to-start]
>
> Any suggestions on how to resolve this so I can boot the server? I am a bit mystified as to exactly what is happening right now.
>
> Casey

  #|