state of 3.9.0

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
4 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

state of 3.9.0

Nathan Ho
hi list,

so that this info isn't just buried in the meeting minutes, i'd like to
send an update on what's happening with the project right now.

3.9.0-rc1 is out! right now, we are simply waiting for any serious
issues to come up over the next week. if no new critical issues are
discovered before January 6th, we are releasing 3.9.0. we won't be
accepting any work on the 3.9 branch except to resolve any such critical
issues that arise.

3.9.1 will be a pretty small release, set for January 31st. i'd like us
all to get used to a much tighter release cycle.

3.8.1 is ready to go, all that's missing is the Windows build. since
Brian is taking a well-deserved break right now, i'll wait until he's
around to release it.

thanks for all the hard work everyone. we've kept SC a very healthy and
well-maintained project this year and i'm excited for what's in store
for 2018. happy new year!


nathan

_______________________________________________
sc-dev mailing list

info (subscription, etc.): http://www.birmingham.ac.uk/facilities/ea-studios/research/supercollider/mailinglist.aspx
archive: http://www.listarc.bham.ac.uk/marchives/sc-dev/
search: http://www.listarc.bham.ac.uk/lists/sc-dev/search/
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: state of 3.9.0

jamshark70-2
On December 31, 2017 9:29:46 AM [hidden email] wrote:

> 3.9.0-rc1 is out! right now, we are simply waiting for any serious
> issues to come up over the next week. if no new critical issues are
> discovered before January 6th, we are releasing 3.9.0. we won't be
> accepting any work on the 3.9 branch except to resolve any such critical
> issues that arise.

FWIW, I've been running the 3.9 branch since the server boot PR got merged,
and so far it seems fine to me (though I admit my usage hasn't been heavy
lately). At one point, I was having a problem with the server \didQuit
notification, but the PR fixed it, fine in current 3.9.

This is exciting news!

Thanks to everyone for making this happen.

hjh

Sent with AquaMail for Android
http://www.aqua-mail.com




_______________________________________________
sc-dev mailing list

info (subscription, etc.): http://www.birmingham.ac.uk/facilities/ea-studios/research/supercollider/mailinglist.aspx
archive: http://www.listarc.bham.ac.uk/marchives/sc-dev/
search: http://www.listarc.bham.ac.uk/lists/sc-dev/search/
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: state of 3.9.0

brianlheim
> FWIW, I've been running the 3.9 branch since the server boot PR got merged, and so far it seems fine to me (though I admit my usage hasn't been heavy lately). At one point, I was having a problem with the server \didQuit notification, but the PR fixed it, fine in current 3.9.

This is good to hear! Thanks for testing. Looking forward to the release.

-Brian

On Sat, Dec 30, 2017 at 11:45 PM, <[hidden email]> wrote:
On December 31, 2017 9:29:46 AM [hidden email] wrote:

3.9.0-rc1 is out! right now, we are simply waiting for any serious
issues to come up over the next week. if no new critical issues are
discovered before January 6th, we are releasing 3.9.0. we won't be
accepting any work on the 3.9 branch except to resolve any such critical
issues that arise.

FWIW, I've been running the 3.9 branch since the server boot PR got merged, and so far it seems fine to me (though I admit my usage hasn't been heavy lately). At one point, I was having a problem with the server \didQuit notification, but the PR fixed it, fine in current 3.9.

This is exciting news!

Thanks to everyone for making this happen.

hjh

Sent with AquaMail for Android
http://www.aqua-mail.com

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: state of 3.9.0

brianlheim
> 3.8.1 is ready to go, all that's missing is the Windows build. since Brian is taking a well-deserved break right now, i'll wait until he's around to release it.

I just added a Windows installer to the draft release. It doesn't take long to generate. :)

-Brian

On Sun, Dec 31, 2017 at 12:46 AM, brian heim <[hidden email]> wrote:
> FWIW, I've been running the 3.9 branch since the server boot PR got merged, and so far it seems fine to me (though I admit my usage hasn't been heavy lately). At one point, I was having a problem with the server \didQuit notification, but the PR fixed it, fine in current 3.9.

This is good to hear! Thanks for testing. Looking forward to the release.

-Brian

On Sat, Dec 30, 2017 at 11:45 PM, <[hidden email]> wrote:
On December 31, 2017 9:29:46 AM [hidden email] wrote:

3.9.0-rc1 is out! right now, we are simply waiting for any serious
issues to come up over the next week. if no new critical issues are
discovered before January 6th, we are releasing 3.9.0. we won't be
accepting any work on the 3.9 branch except to resolve any such critical
issues that arise.

FWIW, I've been running the 3.9 branch since the server boot PR got merged, and so far it seems fine to me (though I admit my usage hasn't been heavy lately). At one point, I was having a problem with the server \didQuit notification, but the PR fixed it, fine in current 3.9.

This is exciting news!

Thanks to everyone for making this happen.

hjh

Sent with AquaMail for Android
http://www.aqua-mail.com