Quantcast

time for 3.5.2?

12

time for 3.5.2?

Tim Blechmann-2
hi all,

since 3.5.1 a few bugs have been fixed and the scdoc parser has been
rewritten ... are there any pending issues, which are not resolved, yet?
otherwise i'd suggest we release 3.5.2 in the next days.

thoughts?

cheers, tim

changes since 3.5.1:

Dan Stowell (2):
      Remove outdated Japanese menus
      Cannot use indentation for CMAKE example - on mac it is
         rendered as       which then breaks cmake compilation.
            (cherry picked from commit
         aa045549133f6a23b923df18559420968c508930)

Jakob Leben (17):
      qtcollider: fix QTextView:-background and
         QSoundFileView:-background
      cmake: improve message if Qt4 or one of its components not
         found
      qtcollider: QKnob: fix mouse response when mouseOverAction is
         set
      qtcollider: implement missing QPopUpMenu:-background
      qtcollider: QTextView fixes and improvements
      help: add missing GUI examples
      qtcollider: support use of UTF-8 encoded strings
      qtcollider: QTextView: improve -enterInterpretsSelection
      qtcollider: QTextField: never propagate Enter to parent
      qtcollider: QEnvelopeView: improve node selection API and UI
      help: update EnvelopeView documentation
      help: fix incorrect info in EnvelopeView documentation
      qtcollider: QObject:-getProperty: turn an error into a debug
         warning
      qtcollider: implement drag-and-drop for data outside SC
      qtcollider: improve key propagation in QListView and QTreeView
      qtcollider: optimize view instantiation (take 2)
      qtcollider: fix mouse wheel event being forwarded to SC for no
         reason

James Harkins (1):
      Fix Pcollect/select/reject:embedInStream to pass inval to the
         function

Jonatan Liljedahl (40):
      scdoc: MathJax: don't use fonts installed on users computer
      New SCDoc parser and renderer. Faster, more stable, less buggy.
      fix some helpfiles for new scdoc
      scdoc.css update
      scdoc: scapp compile fix
      scdoc: defer indexAllDocuments until first use
      HelpBrowser tweaks
      scdoc: warn on additions for non-existent help doc
      scdoc: fill in argument names for argument:: with no name given
      SCDocRenderer: warn on broken links
      scdoc: fix classtree:: rendering bug
      scdoc: only warn on grouped methods argnames mismatch if
         argument:: tag is used
      scdoc: avoid GC error in primitive
      scdoc: collect metadata also from *.ext.schelp (doc additions)
      scdoc: warn if argument:: name does not match real method arg
      scdoc: updated SCDoc related docs
      scdoc: warn if classdoc title and filename mismatch
      scdoc: fix varargs name match warning
      scdoc: render getter/setter combinations as two different
         methods
      scdoc: warn if setter methods (trailing underscore) is
         documented explicitly
      scdoc: more helpfile fixes
      scdoc: fix some bugs, handle class docs with missing classes
      scdoc Search.html: match also on filename for 'title'
      schelp: fix some broken links
      scdoc: add clearCache arg to indexAllDocuments, and don't
         render undocumented classes more than once per session
      scdoc: updated SCDoc related helpfiles
      schelp: more doc error fixes
      scdoc: improve argument:: auto-fill and checks
      String-warn and -error: don't print newline after WARNING: and
         ERROR:
      scdoc: tweak warnings
      scdoc: fix escaping of :: in metadata parsing and block
         verbatim
      schelp: add keywords for scdoc tags in SCDocSyntax.schelp
      scdoc: allow end-of-file as newline terminator, and improve
         error messages
      scdoc: use setter_() syntax if more than one argument
      scdoc: render method arg defaults as "foo: val" instead of "foo
         = val"
      mention new scdoc implementation in News-3_5.schelp
      scdoc parser: allow empty lines before headertags
      SCDoc: fix escaping of & < and >
      SCDoc: fix inf loop at missing :: end-tag in code blocks
      SCDoc: allow EOF as terminator for private:: and similar tags

Tim Blechmann (5):
      plugins: fix Clip.kr
      class library: archive TempoClock as compile string
      cmake build system: restrict win32-specific cflags to win32
      external libraries: nova-simd update
      external libraries: nova-simd compile fix

redFrik (1):
      scdoc: fixed a bunch of helpfile errors

Re: time for 3.5.2?

Dan Stowell
Fine, I don't mind. I think the un-deprecation of Mix.ar etc would be
a popular inclusion, which I don't think has been committed.

Dan

2012/5/1 Tim Blechmann <[hidden email]>:

> [...]
>         verbatim
>      schelp: add keywords for scdoc tags in SCDocSyntax.schelp
>      scdoc: allow end-of-file as newline terminator, and improve
>         error messages
>      scdoc: use setter_() syntax if more than one argument
>      scdoc: render method arg defaults as "foo: val" instead of "foo
>         = val"
>      mention new scdoc implementation in News-3_5.schelp
>      scdoc parser: allow empty lines before headertags
>      SCDoc: fix escaping of & < and >
>      SCDoc: fix inf loop at missing :: end-tag in code blocks
>      SCDoc: allow EOF as terminator for private:: and similar tags
>
> Tim Blechmann (5):
>      plugins: fix Clip.kr
>      class library: archive TempoClock as compile string
>      cmake build system: restrict win32-specific cflags to win32
>      external libraries: nova-simd update
>      external libraries: nova-simd compile fix

http://www.mcld.co.uk

Re: time for 3.5.2?

Kymatica
On 05/01/2012 10:42 AM, Tim Blechmann wrote:
> hi all,
>
> since 3.5.1 a few bugs have been fixed and the scdoc parser has been
> rewritten ... are there any pending issues, which are not resolved, yet?
> otherwise i'd suggest we release 3.5.2 in the next days.
>
> thoughts?

Sounds good to me.

There is a new Qt 4.8.1 release, which maybe should be used? But, it
seems to be only 64-bit.

Are there issues with 64-bit scapp or not? Should we release a 64-bit
only app? (I don't think there are any 32-bit macs running 10.5 or later?)

/Jonatan

Re: time for 3.5.2?

At Tue, 1 May 2012 10:00:02 +0100,
Dan Stowell wrote:

> Fine, I don't mind. I think the un-deprecation of Mix.ar etc would be
> a popular inclusion, which I don't think has been committed.

Proposal attached.

Some test cases:

Mix.ar([SinOsc.ar(0.2), SinOsc.kr(0.1)]).dump
--> BinaryOpUGen (as expected, kr automatically promoted to ar)

Mix.ar(SinOsc.kr([0.1, 0.2])).dump
--> K2A

Mix.kr(SinOsc.kr([0.1, 0.2])).dump
--> BinaryOpUGen (rate = 'control')

Mix.kr([SinOsc.ar(0.2), SinOsc.kr(0.1)]).dump
--> ERROR: Audio rate input to Mix.kr would result in signal degradation.

Mix.ar([0, 1, 2])
--> OutputProxy (result of DC.ar)

James Harkins /// dewdrop world
[hidden email]
http://www.dewdrop-world.net

"Come said the Muse,
Sing me a song no poet has yet chanted,
Sing me the universal."  -- Whitman

0001-Reinstate-Mix.ar-and-Mix.kr-with-rate-checks.patch (1K) Download Attachment

Re: time for 3.5.2?

Scott Wilson-3

On 1 May 2012, at 10:21, James Harkins wrote:

> At Tue, 1 May 2012 10:00:02 +0100,
> Dan Stowell wrote:
>>
>> Fine, I don't mind. I think the un-deprecation of Mix.ar etc would be
>> a popular inclusion, which I don't think has been committed.
>
> Proposal attached.

Thanks.

> Some test cases:
>
> Mix.ar([SinOsc.ar(0.2), SinOsc.kr(0.1)]).dump
> --> BinaryOpUGen (as expected, kr automatically promoted to ar)
>
> Mix.ar(SinOsc.kr([0.1, 0.2])).dump
> --> K2A
>
> Mix.kr(SinOsc.kr([0.1, 0.2])).dump
> --> BinaryOpUGen (rate = 'control')
>
> Mix.kr([SinOsc.ar(0.2), SinOsc.kr(0.1)]).dump
> --> ERROR: Audio rate input to Mix.kr would result in signal degradation.
>
> Mix.ar([0, 1, 2])
> --> OutputProxy (result of DC.ar)
>
> hjh

Looks good to me, although I still think if you ask for a kr output you should get one. Maybe a warning would be better than an error?

S.

Re: time for 3.5.2?

Dan Stowell
2012/5/1 Scott Wilson <[hidden email]>:

> On 1 May 2012, at 10:21, James Harkins wrote:
>
>> At Tue, 1 May 2012 10:00:02 +0100,
>> Dan Stowell wrote:
>>>
>>> Fine, I don't mind. I think the un-deprecation of Mix.ar etc would be
>>> a popular inclusion, which I don't think has been committed.
>>
>> Proposal attached.
>
> Thanks.
>>
>> Some test cases:
>>
>> Mix.ar([SinOsc.ar(0.2), SinOsc.kr(0.1)]).dump
>> --> BinaryOpUGen (as expected, kr automatically promoted to ar)
>>
>> Mix.ar(SinOsc.kr([0.1, 0.2])).dump
>> --> K2A
>>
>> Mix.kr(SinOsc.kr([0.1, 0.2])).dump
>> --> BinaryOpUGen (rate = 'control')
>>
>> Mix.kr([SinOsc.ar(0.2), SinOsc.kr(0.1)]).dump
>> --> ERROR: Audio rate input to Mix.kr would result in signal degradation.
>>
>> Mix.ar([0, 1, 2])
>> --> OutputProxy (result of DC.ar)
>>
>> hjh
>
> Looks good to me, although I still think if you ask for a kr output you should get one. Maybe a warning would be better than an error?

+1 from me (to scott)

Dan

Re: time for 3.5.2?

At Tue, 1 May 2012 10:42:02 +0100,
Scott Wilson wrote:
> Looks good to me, although I still think if you ask for a kr output you should get one. Maybe a warning would be better than an error?

Here's an example of asking for an kr unit and not getting an error instead:

SynthDef(\x, { Out.ar(0, LPF.kr(SinOsc.ar(100))) })

ERROR: first input is not control rate

So I don't think my proposal is so far off base. But I've no objection to changing it to a warning.

Mix.kr([SinOsc.ar(0.2), SinOsc.kr(0.1)]).dump
-->
WARNING: Audio rate input(s) to Mix.kr will result in signal degradation.
a SinOsc
 ARGS:
   freq: 0.2 Float
   phase: 0 Float

... and returns a kr BinaryOpUGen.

James Harkins /// dewdrop world
[hidden email]
http://www.dewdrop-world.net

"Come said the Muse,
Sing me a song no poet has yet chanted,
Sing me the universal."  -- Whitman

0001-Reinstate-Mix.ar-and-Mix.kr-with-rate-checks.patch (1K) Download Attachment

Re: time for 3.5.2?

Kymatica
On 05/01/2012 10:42 AM, Tim Blechmann wrote:
> hi all,
>
> since 3.5.1 a few bugs have been fixed and the scdoc parser has been
> rewritten ... are there any pending issues, which are not resolved, yet?
> otherwise i'd suggest we release 3.5.2 in the next days.
>
> thoughts?

Oh, and there's still a lot of scdoc warnings on the included help (see
below). We should either fix them or decide on changes in scdoc, but not
release a package that shows all these warnings when opening help!

For example, many warnings are caused by ugens not documenting the add
and mul arguments. Should they? If not, should scdoc not warn if the
number of documented args does not match the reality? Or should it
special-case ugens somehow? (feels very hackish and inconsistent to me).

/Jonatan

WARNING: SCDoc: In
/usr/local/share/SuperCollider/HelpSource/Classes/Tdef.schelp
   Method -fork has 3 args, but doc has 1 argument:: tags.
WARNING: SCDoc: In
/usr/local/share/SuperCollider/HelpSource/Classes/Tdef.schelp
   Method -fork has arg named 'clock', but doc has 'argument:: quant'.
WARNING: SCDoc: In
/usr/local/share/SuperCollider/HelpSource/Classes/Tdef.schelp
   Method -play has 3 args, but doc has 1 argument:: tags.
WARNING: SCDoc: In
/usr/local/share/SuperCollider/HelpSource/Classes/Tdef.schelp
   Method -play has arg named 'argClock', but doc has 'argument:: quant'.
WARNING: SCDoc: In
/usr/local/share/SuperCollider/HelpSource/Classes/Paddpre.schelp
   Method *new has 3 args, but doc has 1 argument:: tags.
WARNING: SCDoc: In
/usr/local/share/SuperCollider/HelpSource/Classes/Paddpre.schelp
   Method *new has arg named 'name', but doc has 'argument:: value'.
WARNING: SCDoc: In
/usr/local/share/SuperCollider/HelpSource/Classes/SCControlView.schelp
   Broken link: 'Classes/SCView'
WARNING: SCDoc: In
/usr/local/share/SuperCollider/HelpSource/Classes/Window.schelp
   Broken link: 'Classes/SCModalSheet'
WARNING: SCDoc: In
/usr/local/share/SuperCollider/HelpSource/Classes/RawArray.schelp
   Method -write not found.
WARNING: SCDoc: In
/usr/local/share/SuperCollider/HelpSource/Classes/HenonL.schelp
   Method *ar has 7 args, but doc has 5 argument:: tags.
WARNING: SCDoc: In
/usr/local/share/SuperCollider/HelpSource/Classes/Paddp.schelp
   Method *new has 3 args, but doc has 1 argument:: tags.
WARNING: SCDoc: In
/usr/local/share/SuperCollider/HelpSource/Classes/Paddp.schelp
   Method *new has arg named 'name', but doc has 'argument:: value'.
WARNING: SCDoc: In
/usr/local/share/SuperCollider/HelpSource/Classes/TempoBusClock.schelp
   Method *new has 4 args, but doc has 1 argument:: tags.
WARNING: SCDoc: In
/usr/local/share/SuperCollider/HelpSource/Classes/BufAllpassN.schelp
   Method *ar has 6 args, but doc has 4 argument:: tags.
WARNING: SCDoc: In
/usr/local/share/SuperCollider/HelpSource/Classes/GeneralHID.schelp
   Broken link: 'Classes/MXHID'
WARNING: SCDoc: In
/usr/local/share/SuperCollider/HelpSource/Classes/GeneralHID.schelp
   Method *buildDeviceList not found.
WARNING: SCDoc: In
/usr/local/share/SuperCollider/HelpSource/Classes/GeneralHID.schelp
   Method *deviceList not found.
WARNING: SCDoc: In
/usr/local/share/SuperCollider/HelpSource/Classes/GeneralHID.schelp
   Method *postDevices not found.
WARNING: SCDoc: In
/usr/local/share/SuperCollider/HelpSource/Classes/GeneralHID.schelp
   Method *postDevicesAndProperties not found.
WARNING: SCDoc: In
/usr/local/share/SuperCollider/HelpSource/Classes/GeneralHID.schelp
   Method *startEventLoop not found.
WARNING: SCDoc: In
/usr/local/share/SuperCollider/HelpSource/Classes/GeneralHID.schelp
   Method *stopEventLoop not found.
WARNING: SCDoc: In
/usr/local/share/SuperCollider/HelpSource/Classes/GeneralHID.schelp
   Method *eventLoopIsRunning not found.
WARNING: SCDoc: In
/usr/local/share/SuperCollider/HelpSource/Classes/HenonC.schelp
   Method *ar has 7 args, but doc has 5 argument:: tags.
WARNING: SCDoc: In
/home/lijon/.local/share/SuperCollider/Extensions/quarks/MathLib/HelpSource/Classes/Cartesian.schelp
   Broken link: 'Spherical'
WARNING: SCDoc: In
/home/lijon/.local/share/SuperCollider/Extensions/quarks/MathLib/HelpSource/Classes/Cartesian.schelp
   Broken link: 'Point'
WARNING: SCDoc: In
/home/lijon/.local/share/SuperCollider/Extensions/quarks/MathLib/HelpSource/Classes/Cartesian.schelp
   Broken link: 'Polar'
WARNING: SCDoc: In
/usr/local/share/SuperCollider/HelpSource/Tutorials/JITLib/jitlib_networking.schelp
   Broken link: 'Classes/Client'
WARNING: SCDoc: In
/usr/local/share/SuperCollider/HelpSource/Tutorials/JITLib/jitlib_networking.schelp
   Broken link: 'Classes/Public'
WARNING: SCDoc: In
/usr/local/share/SuperCollider/HelpSource/Classes/BufDelayC.schelp
   Method *ar has 5 args, but doc has 3 argument:: tags.
WARNING: SCDoc: In
/usr/local/share/SuperCollider/HelpSource/Classes/FreqScopeView.schelp
   Method *viewClass not found.
WARNING: SCDoc: In
/usr/local/share/SuperCollider/HelpSource/Classes/FreqScopeView.schelp
   Broken link: 'Classes/SCScope'
WARNING: SCDoc: In
/usr/local/share/SuperCollider/HelpSource/Classes/FreqScopeView.schelp
   Broken link: 'Classes/SCView'
WARNING: SCDoc: In
/usr/local/share/SuperCollider/HelpSource/Classes/FreqScopeView.schelp
   Method -special has arg named 'extraargs', but doc has 'argument::
extraArgs'.
WARNING: SCDoc: In
/usr/local/share/SuperCollider/HelpSource/Classes/FreqScopeView.schelp
   Method -eventSeq not found.
WARNING: SCDoc: In
/usr/local/share/SuperCollider/HelpSource/Classes/FreqScopeView.schelp
   Method -sendSynthDefs not found.
WARNING: SCDoc: In
/usr/local/share/SuperCollider/HelpSource/Classes/FreqScopeView.schelp
   Method -allocBuffers not found.
WARNING: SCDoc: In
/usr/local/share/SuperCollider/HelpSource/Classes/FreqScopeView.schelp
   Method -node not found.
WARNING: SCDoc: In
/usr/local/share/SuperCollider/HelpSource/Classes/FreqScopeView.schelp
   Method -fftbuf not found.
WARNING: SCDoc: In
/usr/local/share/SuperCollider/HelpSource/Classes/EZGui.schelp
   Method -label not found.
WARNING: SCDoc: In
/usr/local/share/SuperCollider/HelpSource/Classes/EZGui.schelp
   Method -prSetViewParams not found.
WARNING: SCDoc: In
/usr/local/share/SuperCollider/HelpSource/Classes/Signal.schelp
   Method -plot has 6 args, but doc has 2 argument:: tags.
WARNING: SCDoc: In
/usr/local/share/SuperCollider/HelpSource/Classes/Signal.schelp
   Grouped methods [ +, -, *, /, div, %, **, min, max, ring1, ring2,
ring3, ring4, difsqr, sumsqr, sqrdif, absdif, amclip, scaleneg, clip2,
excess, <! ] does not have the same argument signature.
WARNING: SCDoc: In
/usr/local/share/SuperCollider/HelpSource/Classes/Lag3UD.schelp
   Method *ar has 5 args, but doc has 3 argument:: tags.
WARNING: SCDoc: In
/usr/local/share/SuperCollider/HelpSource/Classes/BufAllpassC.schelp
   Method *ar has 6 args, but doc has 4 argument:: tags.
WARNING: SCDoc: In
/usr/local/share/SuperCollider/HelpSource/Classes/Onsets.schelp
   Method *kr has 9 args, but doc has 3 argument:: tags.
WARNING: SCDoc: In
/usr/local/share/SuperCollider/HelpSource/Classes/FBSineC.schelp
   Method *ar has 9 args, but doc has 7 argument:: tags.
WARNING: SCDoc: In
/usr/local/share/SuperCollider/HelpSource/Classes/CuspL.schelp
   Method *ar has 6 args, but doc has 4 argument:: tags.
WARNING: SCDoc: In
/usr/local/share/SuperCollider/HelpSource/Classes/FBSineL.schelp
   Method *ar has 9 args, but doc has 7 argument:: tags.
WARNING: SCDoc: In
/usr/local/share/SuperCollider/HelpSource/Classes/EnvironmentRedirect.schelp
   Grouped methods [ push, pop, make, use, do, clear, keysValuesDo,
keysValuesArrayDo, findKeyForValue, sortedKeysValuesDo, choose, know,
doesNotUnderstand ] does not have the same argument signature.
WARNING: SCDoc: In
/usr/local/share/SuperCollider/HelpSource/Classes/GUI.schelp
   Broken link: 'Classes/CocoaGUI'
WARNING: SCDoc: In
/usr/local/share/SuperCollider/HelpSource/Classes/GUI.schelp
   Broken link: 'Classes/SwingGUI'
WARNING: SCDoc: In
/usr/local/share/SuperCollider/HelpSource/Classes/GUI.schelp
   Broken link: 'Classes/SwingOSC'
WARNING: SCDoc: In
/usr/local/share/SuperCollider/HelpSource/Classes/CocoaMenuItem.schelp
   Broken link: 'Classes/SCMenuItem'
WARNING: SCDoc: In
/usr/local/share/SuperCollider/HelpSource/Classes/CocoaMenuItem.schelp
   Broken link: 'Classes/SCMenuGroup'
WARNING: SCDoc: In
/usr/local/share/SuperCollider/HelpSource/Classes/CocoaMenuItem.schelp
   Broken link: 'Classes/SCMenuSeparator'
WARNING: SCDoc: In
/usr/local/share/SuperCollider/HelpSource/Classes/SequenceableCollection.schelp
   Grouped methods [ +, -, *, /, div, %, **, min, max, <, <=, >, >=, &,
|, bitXor, lcm, gcd, round, trunc, atan2, hypot, >>, +>>, ring1, ring2,
ring3, ring4, difsqr, sumsqr, sqrdif, absdif, amclip, scaleneg, clip2,
excess, <!, rrand, exprand ] does not have the same argument signature.
WARNING: SCDoc: In
/usr/local/share/SuperCollider/HelpSource/Classes/BPZ2.schelp
   Method *ar has 3 args, but doc has 1 argument:: tags.
WARNING: SCDoc: In
/usr/local/share/SuperCollider/HelpSource/Classes/BufAllpassL.schelp
   Method *ar has 6 args, but doc has 4 argument:: tags.
WARNING: SCDoc: In
/usr/local/share/SuperCollider/HelpSource/Classes/LatoocarfianL.schelp
   Method *ar has 9 args, but doc has 7 argument:: tags.
WARNING: SCDoc: In
/usr/local/share/SuperCollider/HelpSource/Classes/QuadL.schelp
   Method *ar has 7 args, but doc has 5 argument:: tags.
WARNING: SCDoc: In
/usr/local/share/SuperCollider/HelpSource/Classes/QuadC.schelp
   Method *ar has 7 args, but doc has 5 argument:: tags.
WARNING: SCDoc: In
/usr/local/share/SuperCollider/HelpSource/Classes/SynthDef.schelp
   Method -memStore not found.
WARNING: SCDoc: In
/usr/local/share/SuperCollider/HelpSource/Classes/BufCombC.schelp
   Method *ar has 6 args, but doc has 4 argument:: tags.
WARNING: SCDoc: In
/usr/local/share/SuperCollider/HelpSource/Classes/Lag2UD.schelp
   Method *ar has 5 args, but doc has 3 argument:: tags.
WARNING: SCDoc: In
/usr/local/share/SuperCollider/HelpSource/Classes/View.schelp
   Method -handleKeyDownBubbling not found.
WARNING: SCDoc: In
/usr/local/share/SuperCollider/HelpSource/Classes/View.schelp
   Method -handleKeyUpBubbling not found.
WARNING: SCDoc: In
/usr/local/share/SuperCollider/HelpSource/Classes/View.schelp
   Method -handleKeyModifiersChangedBubbling not found.
WARNING: SCDoc: In
/usr/local/share/SuperCollider/HelpSource/Classes/View.schelp
   Method -defaultGetDrag not found.
WARNING: SCDoc: In
/usr/local/share/SuperCollider/HelpSource/Classes/View.schelp
   Method -defaultCanReceiveDrag not found.
WARNING: SCDoc: In
/usr/local/share/SuperCollider/HelpSource/Classes/View.schelp
   Method -defaultReceiveDrag not found.
WARNING: SCDoc: In
/usr/local/share/SuperCollider/HelpSource/Classes/LinCongL.schelp
   Method *ar has 7 args, but doc has 5 argument:: tags.
WARNING: SCDoc: In
/usr/local/share/SuperCollider/HelpSource/Classes/TempoClock.schelp
   Grouped methods [ stop, play, sched, schedAbs, clear, tempo, etempo,
beats, beats2secs, secs2beats, nextTimeOnGrid, timeToNextBeat,
setTempoAtBeat, setTempoAtSec, setMeterAtBeat, beatsPerBar, baseBarBeat,
baseBar, playNextBar, beatDur, elapsedBeats, beats2bars, bars2beats,
bar, nextBar, beatInBar ] does not have the same argument signature.
WARNING: SCDoc: In
/usr/local/share/SuperCollider/HelpSource/Classes/EZListView.schelp
   Method *new has arg named 'parentView', but doc has 'argument:: parent'.
WARNING: SCDoc: In
/usr/local/share/SuperCollider/HelpSource/Classes/LatoocarfianC.schelp
   Method *ar has 9 args, but doc has 7 argument:: tags.
WARNING: SCDoc: In
/usr/local/share/SuperCollider/HelpSource/Classes/DelayC.schelp
   Method *ar has 5 args, but doc has 3 argument:: tags.
WARNING: SCDoc: In
/usr/local/share/SuperCollider/HelpSource/Classes/StandardL.schelp
   Method *ar has 6 args, but doc has 4 argument:: tags.
WARNING: SCDoc: In
/usr/local/share/SuperCollider/HelpSource/Classes/TextView.schelp
   Method -open has arg named 'aString', but doc has 'argument:: path'.
WARNING: SCDoc: In
/usr/local/share/SuperCollider/HelpSource/Classes/TextView.schelp
   Method -setString has arg named 'aString', but doc has 'argument::
string'.
WARNING: SCDoc: In
/usr/local/share/SuperCollider/HelpSource/Classes/TextView.schelp
   Method -setString has arg named 'intStart', but doc has 'argument::
rangeStart'.
WARNING: SCDoc: In
/usr/local/share/SuperCollider/HelpSource/Classes/TextView.schelp
   Method -setString has arg named 'intSize', but doc has 'argument::
rangeSize'.
WARNING: SCDoc: In
/usr/local/share/SuperCollider/HelpSource/Classes/TextView.schelp
   Method -setFont has arg named 'aFont', but doc has 'argument:: font'.
WARNING: SCDoc: In
/usr/local/share/SuperCollider/HelpSource/Classes/TextView.schelp
   Method -setFont has arg named 'intStart', but doc has 'argument::
rangeStart'.
WARNING: SCDoc: In
/usr/local/share/SuperCollider/HelpSource/Classes/TextView.schelp
   Method -setFont has arg named 'intSize', but doc has 'argument::
rangeSize'.
WARNING: SCDoc: In
/usr/local/share/SuperCollider/HelpSource/Classes/TextView.schelp
   Method -setStringColor has arg named 'aColor', but doc has
'argument:: color'.
WARNING: SCDoc: In
/usr/local/share/SuperCollider/HelpSource/Classes/TextView.schelp
   Method -setStringColor has arg named 'intStart', but doc has
'argument:: rangeStart'.
WARNING: SCDoc: In
/usr/local/share/SuperCollider/HelpSource/Classes/TextView.schelp
   Method -setStringColor has arg named 'intSize', but doc has
'argument:: rangeSize'.
WARNING: SCDoc: In
/usr/local/share/SuperCollider/HelpSource/Classes/MovieView.schelp
   Method -path not found.
WARNING: SCDoc: In
/usr/local/share/SuperCollider/HelpSource/Classes/MovieView.schelp
   Method -start not found.
WARNING: SCDoc: In
/usr/local/share/SuperCollider/HelpSource/Classes/MovieView.schelp
   Method -stepForward not found.
WARNING: SCDoc: In
/usr/local/share/SuperCollider/HelpSource/Classes/MovieView.schelp
   Method -stepBack not found.
WARNING: SCDoc: In
/usr/local/share/SuperCollider/HelpSource/Classes/MovieView.schelp
   Method -gotoEnd not found.
WARNING: SCDoc: In
/usr/local/share/SuperCollider/HelpSource/Classes/MovieView.schelp
   Method -gotoBeginning not found.
WARNING: SCDoc: In
/usr/local/share/SuperCollider/HelpSource/Classes/MovieView.schelp
   Method -frame not found.
WARNING: SCDoc: In
/usr/local/share/SuperCollider/HelpSource/Classes/MovieView.schelp
   Method -playSelectionOnly not found.
WARNING: SCDoc: In
/usr/local/share/SuperCollider/HelpSource/Classes/MovieView.schelp
   Method -skipFrames not found.
WARNING: SCDoc: In
/usr/local/share/SuperCollider/HelpSource/Classes/MovieView.schelp
   Method -muted not found.
WARNING: SCDoc: In
/usr/local/share/SuperCollider/HelpSource/Classes/MovieView.schelp
   Method -loopMode not found.
WARNING: SCDoc: In
/usr/local/share/SuperCollider/HelpSource/Classes/MovieView.schelp
   Method -rate not found.
WARNING: SCDoc: In
/usr/local/share/SuperCollider/HelpSource/Classes/MovieView.schelp
   Method -cut not found.
WARNING: SCDoc: In
/usr/local/share/SuperCollider/HelpSource/Classes/MovieView.schelp
   Method -paste not found.
WARNING: SCDoc: In
/usr/local/share/SuperCollider/HelpSource/Classes/MovieView.schelp
   Method -editable not found.
WARNING: SCDoc: In
/usr/local/share/SuperCollider/HelpSource/Classes/MovieView.schelp
   Method -currentTime not found.
WARNING: SCDoc: In
/usr/local/share/SuperCollider/HelpSource/Classes/MovieView.schelp
   Method -showControllerAndAdjustSize not found.
WARNING: SCDoc: In
/usr/local/share/SuperCollider/HelpSource/Classes/MovieView.schelp
   Method -resizeWithMagnification not found.
WARNING: SCDoc: In
/usr/local/share/SuperCollider/HelpSource/Classes/MovieView.schelp
   Method -fixedAspectRatio not found.
WARNING: SCDoc: In
/usr/local/share/SuperCollider/HelpSource/Classes/Shaper.schelp
   Method *ar has 4 args, but doc has 2 argument:: tags.
WARNING: SCDoc: In
/usr/local/share/SuperCollider/HelpSource/Classes/Padd.schelp
   Method *new has 3 args, but doc has 1 argument:: tags.
WARNING: SCDoc: In
/usr/local/share/SuperCollider/HelpSource/Classes/Padd.schelp
   Method *new has arg named 'name', but doc has 'argument:: value'.
WARNING: SCDoc: In
/usr/local/share/SuperCollider/HelpSource/Classes/IndexL.schelp
   Method *ar has 4 args, but doc has 2 argument:: tags.
WARNING: SCDoc: In
/usr/local/share/SuperCollider/HelpSource/Classes/ObjectGui.schelp
   Method -update has arg named 'theChanged', but doc has 'argument::
changed'.
WARNING: SCDoc: In
/usr/local/share/SuperCollider/HelpSource/Classes/ObjectGui.schelp
   Method -update has arg named 'theChanger', but doc has 'argument::
changer'.
WARNING: SCDoc: In
/usr/local/share/SuperCollider/HelpSource/Classes/LinSelectX.schelp
   Method *ar has 3 args, but doc has 2 argument:: tags.
WARNING: SCDoc: In
/usr/local/share/SuperCollider/HelpSource/Classes/NodeProxy.schelp
   Method -play has 7 args, but doc has 3 argument:: tags.
WARNING: SCDoc: In
/usr/local/share/SuperCollider/HelpSource/Classes/NodeProxy.schelp
   Method -play has arg named 'out', but doc has 'argument:: multi'.
WARNING: SCDoc: In
/usr/local/share/SuperCollider/HelpSource/Classes/NodeProxy.schelp
   Method -play has arg named 'numChannels', but doc has 'argument:: vol'.
WARNING: SCDoc: In
/usr/local/share/SuperCollider/HelpSource/Classes/NodeProxy.schelp
   Method -play has arg named 'group', but doc has 'argument:: fadeTime'.
WARNING: SCDoc: In
/usr/local/share/SuperCollider/HelpSource/Classes/NodeProxy.schelp
   Method -playN has 7 args, but doc has 3 argument:: tags.
WARNING: SCDoc: In
/usr/local/share/SuperCollider/HelpSource/Classes/NodeProxy.schelp
   Method -stop has 2 args, but doc has 1 argument:: tags.
WARNING: SCDoc: In
/usr/local/share/SuperCollider/HelpSource/Classes/NodeProxy.schelp
   Grouped methods [ set, unset, unmap ] does not have the same argument
signature.
WARNING: SCDoc: In
/usr/local/share/SuperCollider/HelpSource/Classes/PV_Conj.schelp
   Method *new has arg named 'buffer', but doc has 'argument:: chain'.
WARNING: SCDoc: In
/usr/local/share/SuperCollider/HelpSource/Classes/EnvelopeView.schelp
   Method -setString has 2 args, but doc has 1 argument:: tags.
WARNING: SCDoc: In
/usr/local/share/SuperCollider/HelpSource/Classes/EnvelopeView.schelp
   Method -connect has arg named 'source', but doc has 'argument:: index'.
WARNING: SCDoc: In
/usr/local/share/SuperCollider/HelpSource/Classes/EnvelopeView.schelp
   Method -connect has arg named 'targets', but doc has 'argument::
connections'.
WARNING: SCDoc: In
/usr/local/share/SuperCollider/HelpSource/Classes/TabletView.schelp
   Method -proximityAction not found.
WARNING: SCDoc: In
/usr/local/share/SuperCollider/HelpSource/Classes/PdefGui.schelp
   Method -editStrings has arg named 'edKeys', but doc has 'argument::
edKey'.
WARNING: SCDoc: In
/usr/local/share/SuperCollider/HelpSource/Classes/Pmulpre.schelp
   Method *new has 3 args, but doc has 1 argument:: tags.
WARNING: SCDoc: In
/usr/local/share/SuperCollider/HelpSource/Classes/Pmulpre.schelp
   Method *new has arg named 'name', but doc has 'argument:: value'.
WARNING: SCDoc: In
/usr/local/share/SuperCollider/HelpSource/Classes/Pspawner.schelp
   Method *new has arg named 'routineFunc', but doc has 'argument::
function'.
WARNING: SCDoc: In
/usr/local/share/SuperCollider/HelpSource/Classes/Main.schelp
   Method -recvOSCfunc not found.
WARNING: SCDoc: In
/usr/local/share/SuperCollider/HelpSource/Classes/Main.schelp
   Method -preferencesAction not found.
WARNING: SCDoc: In
/usr/local/share/SuperCollider/HelpSource/Classes/BufDelayL.schelp
   Method *ar has 5 args, but doc has 3 argument:: tags.
WARNING: SCDoc: In
/usr/local/share/SuperCollider/HelpSource/Classes/ProgramChangeResponder.schelp
   Method *new has arg named 'value', but doc has 'argument:: num'.
WARNING: SCDoc: In
/usr/local/share/SuperCollider/HelpSource/Classes/BRZ2.schelp
   Method *ar has 3 args, but doc has 1 argument:: tags.
WARNING: SCDoc: In
/usr/local/share/SuperCollider/HelpSource/Classes/LinCongC.schelp
   Method *ar has 7 args, but doc has 5 argument:: tags.
WARNING: SCDoc: In
/home/lijon/.local/share/SuperCollider/Extensions/quarks/Canvas3D/HelpSource/Classes/Canvas3D.schelp
   Method *mRotateZ has arg named 'az', but doc has 'argument:: ay'.
WARNING: SCDoc: In
/home/lijon/.local/share/SuperCollider/Extensions/quarks/Canvas3D/HelpSource/Classes/Canvas3D.schelp
   Method -background_ has arg named 'b', but doc has 'argument:: color'.
WARNING: SCDoc: In
/usr/local/share/SuperCollider/HelpSource/Classes/SoundFileView.schelp
   Method -read has 5 args, but doc has 4 argument:: tags.
WARNING: SCDoc: In
/usr/local/share/SuperCollider/HelpSource/Classes/SoundFileView.schelp
   Method -read has arg named 'startframe', but doc has 'argument::
startFrame'.
WARNING: SCDoc: In
/usr/local/share/SuperCollider/HelpSource/Classes/SoundFileView.schelp
   Method -readFile has 6 args, but doc has 5 argument:: tags.
WARNING: SCDoc: In
/usr/local/share/SuperCollider/HelpSource/Classes/SoundFileView.schelp
   Method -readFile has arg named 'aSoundFile', but doc has 'argument::
soundfile'.
WARNING: SCDoc: In
/usr/local/share/SuperCollider/HelpSource/Classes/SoundFileView.schelp
   Method -readFile has arg named 'startframe', but doc has 'argument::
startFrame'.
WARNING: SCDoc: In
/usr/local/share/SuperCollider/HelpSource/Classes/SoundFileView.schelp
   Method -readWithTask has arg named 'startframe', but doc has
'argument:: startFrame'.
WARNING: SCDoc: In
/usr/local/share/SuperCollider/HelpSource/Classes/SoundFileView.schelp
   Method -readFileWithTask has arg named 'aSoundFile', but doc has
'argument:: soundfile'.
WARNING: SCDoc: In
/usr/local/share/SuperCollider/HelpSource/Classes/SoundFileView.schelp
   Method -readFileWithTask has arg named 'startframe', but doc has
'argument:: startFrame'.
WARNING: SCDoc: In
/usr/local/share/SuperCollider/HelpSource/Classes/SoundFileView.schelp
   Method -setData has arg named 'data', but doc has 'argument:: arr'.
WARNING: SCDoc: In
/usr/local/share/SuperCollider/HelpSource/Classes/Pmulp.schelp
   Method *new has 3 args, but doc has 1 argument:: tags.
WARNING: SCDoc: In
/usr/local/share/SuperCollider/HelpSource/Classes/Pmulp.schelp
   Method *new has arg named 'name', but doc has 'argument:: value'.
WARNING: SCDoc: In
/usr/local/share/SuperCollider/HelpSource/Classes/Dshuf.schelp
   Method *new has arg named 'repeats', but doc has 'argument:: length'.
WARNING: SCDoc: In
/usr/local/share/SuperCollider/HelpSource/Classes/DetectIndex.schelp
   Method *ar has 4 args, but doc has 2 argument:: tags.
WARNING: SCDoc: In
/usr/local/share/SuperCollider/HelpSource/Classes/TdefGui.schelp
   Method -editStrings has arg named 'edKeys', but doc has 'argument::
edKey'.
WARNING: SCDoc: In
/usr/local/share/SuperCollider/HelpSource/Classes/GbmanL.schelp
   Method *ar has 5 args, but doc has 3 argument:: tags.
WARNING: SCDoc: In
/usr/local/share/SuperCollider/HelpSource/Classes/Env.schelp
   Method *triangle has arg named 'dur', but doc has 'argument:: duration'.
WARNING: SCDoc: In
/usr/local/share/SuperCollider/HelpSource/Classes/Env.schelp
   Method *sine has arg named 'dur', but doc has 'argument:: duration'.
WARNING: SCDoc: In
/usr/local/share/SuperCollider/HelpSource/Classes/Env.schelp
   Method *perc has arg named 'level', but doc has 'argument:: peakLevel'.
WARNING: SCDoc: In
/usr/local/share/SuperCollider/HelpSource/Classes/Buffer.schelp
   Grouped methods [ read, readMsg ] does not have the same argument
signature.
WARNING: SCDoc: In
/usr/local/share/SuperCollider/HelpSource/Classes/Buffer.schelp
   Grouped methods [ readChannel, readChannelMsg ] does not have the
same argument signature.
WARNING: SCDoc: In
/usr/local/share/SuperCollider/HelpSource/Classes/ScrollView.schelp
   Method -autoScrolls not found.
WARNING: SCDoc: In
/usr/local/share/SuperCollider/HelpSource/Classes/IdentityDictionary.schelp
   Grouped methods [ at, put, includesKey, findKeyForValue, scanFor ]
does not have the same argument signature.
WARNING: SCDoc: In
/usr/local/share/SuperCollider/HelpSource/Classes/Pmul.schelp
   Method *new has 3 args, but doc has 1 argument:: tags.
WARNING: SCDoc: In
/usr/local/share/SuperCollider/HelpSource/Classes/Pmul.schelp
   Method *new has arg named 'name', but doc has 'argument:: value'.
WARNING: SCDoc: In
/usr/local/share/SuperCollider/HelpSource/Classes/BRF.schelp
   Method *ar has 5 args, but doc has 3 argument:: tags.
WARNING: SCDoc: In
/usr/local/share/SuperCollider/HelpSource/Classes/Dswitch.schelp
   Method *new has arg named 'list', but doc has 'argument:: array'.
WARNING: SCDoc: In
/usr/local/share/SuperCollider/HelpSource/Classes/FreqScope.schelp
   Method *scopeOpen not found.
WARNING: SCDoc: In
/usr/local/share/SuperCollider/HelpSource/Classes/FreqScope.schelp
   Method -window not found.
WARNING: SCDoc: In
/usr/local/share/SuperCollider/HelpSource/Classes/FreqScope.schelp
   Method -scope not found.
WARNING: SCDoc: In
/usr/local/share/SuperCollider/HelpSource/Classes/Complex.schelp
   Grouped methods [ **, pow ] does not have the same argument signature.
WARNING: SCDoc: In
/usr/local/share/SuperCollider/HelpSource/Classes/Pdef.schelp
   Method -fork has 3 args, but doc has 1 argument:: tags.
WARNING: SCDoc: In
/usr/local/share/SuperCollider/HelpSource/Classes/Pdef.schelp
   Method -fork has arg named 'argClock', but doc has 'argument:: quant'.
WARNING: SCDoc: In
/usr/local/share/SuperCollider/HelpSource/Classes/Pdef.schelp
   Method -play has 4 args, but doc has 1 argument:: tags.
WARNING: SCDoc: In
/usr/local/share/SuperCollider/HelpSource/Classes/Pdef.schelp
   Method -play has arg named 'argClock', but doc has 'argument:: quant'.
WARNING: SCDoc: In
/usr/local/share/SuperCollider/HelpSource/Classes/IndexInBetween.schelp
   Method *ar has 4 args, but doc has 2 argument:: tags.
WARNING: SCDoc: In
/usr/local/share/SuperCollider/HelpSource/Classes/Document.schelp
   Broken link: 'Classes/EmacsDocument'
WARNING: SCDoc: In
/usr/local/share/SuperCollider/HelpSource/Classes/Document.schelp
   Broken link: 'Classes/ScelDocument'
WARNING: SCDoc: In
/usr/local/share/SuperCollider/HelpSource/Classes/Document.schelp
   Broken link: 'Classes/ScelDocument'
WARNING: SCDoc: In
/usr/local/share/SuperCollider/HelpSource/Classes/Document.schelp
   Broken link: 'Classes/EmacsDocument'
WARNING: SCDoc: In
/usr/local/share/SuperCollider/HelpSource/Classes/Document.schelp
   Method -balanceParens not found.
WARNING: SCDoc: In
/usr/local/share/SuperCollider/HelpSource/Classes/Psetp.schelp
   Method *new has 3 args, but doc has 1 argument:: tags.
WARNING: SCDoc: In
/usr/local/share/SuperCollider/HelpSource/Classes/Psetp.schelp
   Method *new has arg named 'name', but doc has 'argument:: value'.
WARNING: SCDoc: In
/usr/local/share/SuperCollider/HelpSource/Classes/BufCombL.schelp
   Method *ar has 6 args, but doc has 4 argument:: tags.
WARNING: SCDoc: In
/usr/local/share/SuperCollider/HelpSource/Classes/BusPlug.schelp
   Method -playN has arg named 'fadeTime', but doc has 'argument::
fadetime'.

Re: time for 3.5.2?

Dan Stowell
2012/5/1 Jonatan Liljedahl <[hidden email]>:

> On 05/01/2012 10:42 AM, Tim Blechmann wrote:
>>
>> hi all,
>>
>> since 3.5.1 a few bugs have been fixed and the scdoc parser has been
>> rewritten ... are there any pending issues, which are not resolved, yet?
>> otherwise i'd suggest we release 3.5.2 in the next days.
>>
>> thoughts?
>

> Oh, and there's still a lot of scdoc warnings on the included help (see
> below). We should either fix them or decide on changes in scdoc, but not
> release a package that shows all these warnings when opening help!
>
> For example, many warnings are caused by ugens not documenting the add and
> mul arguments. Should they?

No they shouldn't. It's a widespread convention, and the help docs
shouldn't have to restate it dozens of times.

> If not, should scdoc not warn if the number of
> documented args does not match the reality? Or should it special-case ugens
> somehow? (feels very hackish and inconsistent to me).

Nothing hackish or inconsistent about it. It was and is a deliberate
convention, and SCDoc doesn't include a feature to account for it, so
it's incomplete in that sense.

I haven't got a very good suggestion for how to include that feature -
if it's easy to check the arg names, then it should forgive any
undocumented arg names that are "mul" and "add" perhaps. If not, maybe
the warning is suppressed if the number of args is exactly 2 more than
expected? (The latter option would be a bit of a hack.)

Dan

On 1 May 2012, at 11:03, James Harkins wrote:

> At Tue, 1 May 2012 10:42:02 +0100,
> Scott Wilson wrote:
>> Looks good to me, although I still think if you ask for a kr output you should get one. Maybe a warning would be better than an error?
>
> Here's an example of asking for an kr unit and not getting an error instead:
>
> SynthDef(\x, { Out.ar(0, LPF.kr(SinOsc.ar(100))) })
>
> ERROR: first input is not control rate
>
> So I don't think my proposal is so far off base.

There is a difference there though: A kr LPF UGen requires a kr input.

You could do that with Mix by rate checking inputs of course (that would be the same), but there seemed to be little enthusiasm for that. I think converting is potentially useful anyway.

> But I've no objection to changing it to a warning.
>
> Mix.kr([SinOsc.ar(0.2), SinOsc.kr(0.1)]).dump
> -->
> WARNING: Audio rate input(s) to Mix.kr will result in signal degradation.
> a SinOsc
> ARGS:
>   freq: 0.2 Float
>   phase: 0 Float
>
> ... and returns a kr BinaryOpUGen.

Cool.

S.

Re: time for 3.5.2?

felix-2

I think the warnings are only of interest to devs.  I would be in favor of a settable flag to put docs in dev mode or not.  post the warnings if the flag is set (in startup.scd, if that's not too late)

It would be useful for many things when working with help docs.

I think many prMethods and basics like mul add should not be documented, it makes the docs too cluttered and there's really nothing to say

On Tue, May 1, 2012 at 12:19 PM, Jonatan Liljedahl <[hidden email]> wrote:
Oh, and there's still a lot of scdoc warnings on the included help (see below). We should either fix them or decide on changes in scdoc, but not release a package that shows all these warnings when opening help!

For example, many warnings are caused by ugens not documenting the add and mul arguments. Should they?

Re: time for 3.5.2?

felix-2

glad to see it reinstated, thanks everybody !

maybe the rate solutions could be worked on for 3.6

Mix.ar has survived 10 years without it, it will probably last till the end of the summer.

personally I wouldn't mix a kr and an ar knowingly, and I wouldn't blame Mix.kr if it came out different.  I probably wouldn't even notice

On Tue, May 1, 2012 at 12:37 PM, Scott Wilson <[hidden email]> wrote:
> SynthDef(\x, { Out.ar(0, LPF.kr(SinOsc.ar(100))) })
>
> ERROR: first input is not control rate
>
> So I don't think my proposal is so far off base.

There is a difference there though: A kr LPF UGen requires a kr input.

You could do that with Mix by rate checking inputs of course (that would be the same), but there seemed to be little enthusiasm for that. I think converting is potentially useful anyway.

Re: time for 3.5.2?

Stefan Nussbaumer
Am 01.05.12 11:06, schrieb Jonatan Liljedahl:
> I don't think there are any 32-bit macs running 10.5 or later?

i wouldn't be so sure about that - on os 10.6 you still have to activate
64bit mode of the operating system. otherwise the system will be running
in 32bit mode. can os 10.5 be run in 64bit mode at all?

stefan

smime.p7s (3K) Download Attachment

Re: time for 3.5.2?

Kymatica
Sure, I can disable the warnings. But then any user will have to
remember to enable it if they want to contribute to the docs, or add
their own help to their quark, etc.

Wouldn't it be better to just fix the warnings?

/Jonatan

On 05/01/2012 12:38 PM, felix wrote:

> I think the warnings are only of interest to devs.  I would be in favor of
> a settable flag to put docs in dev mode or not.  post the warnings if the
> flag is set (in startup.scd, if that's not too late)
>
> It would be useful for many things when working with help docs.
>
> I think many prMethods and basics like mul add should not be documented, it
> makes the docs too cluttered and there's really nothing to say
>

> On Tue, May 1, 2012 at 12:19 PM, Jonatan Liljedahl<[hidden email]>wrote:
>
>> Oh, and there's still a lot of scdoc warnings on the included help (see
>> below). We should either fix them or decide on changes in scdoc, but not
>> release a package that shows all these warnings when opening help!
>>
>> For example, many warnings are caused by ugens not documenting the add and
>> mul arguments. Should they?

Re: time for 3.5.2?

Kymatica
On 05/01/2012 01:01 PM, Stefan Nussbaumer wrote:
> Am 01.05.12 11:06, schrieb Jonatan Liljedahl:
>> I don't think there are any 32-bit macs running 10.5 or later?
>
> i wouldn't be so sure about that - on os 10.6 you still have to activate
> 64bit mode of the operating system. otherwise the system will be running
> in 32bit mode. can os 10.5 be run in 64bit mode at all?

I'm running 10.6 and I haven't manually activated any 64bit mode, where
do you do that? 64 bit apps run just fine here.

/Jonatan

Re: time for 3.5.2?

Miguel Negrão

A 01/05/2012, às 12:01, Stefan Nussbaumer escreveu:

> Am 01.05.12 11:06, schrieb Jonatan Liljedahl:
>> I don't think there are any 32-bit macs running 10.5 or later?
>
> i wouldn't be so sure about that - on os 10.6 you still have to activate 64bit mode of the operating system. otherwise the system will be running in 32bit mode. can os 10.5 be run in 64bit mode at all?

There are two different things, the kernel and user land. User land programs can run in 64bits since the core2duo times (well even on some ppc cpus too). The kernel in mac laptops runs in 32 bit by default, I think in the mac pros it might run in 64 bits by default. You can switch the kernel to 64 bits by pressing “6” and “4” and booting the computer, but you probably don’t want to do that, since then all drivers and kexts would have to be 64bits. In what concerns us, some macs that can run 10.5, such as the first intel macbook pros will not be able to run 64bit apps, there’s not many of them though... (I have one actually). Anything since the core2duos can run 64bits.

best,
Miguel

Re: time for 3.5.2?

Stefan Nussbaumer
Am 01.05.12 13:24, schrieb Jonatan Liljedahl:

> I'm running 10.6 and I haven't manually activated any 64bit mode, where
> do you do that? 64 bit apps run just fine here.

hmm... when i installed the system here on my computer it was booting in
32bit mode. just after changing

/Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/com.apple.Boot.plist

i was able to boot into 64bit mode. i don't remember where i found that
hint but i found this link that suggests that one can run 64bit apps in
a 32bit kernel (didn't know that). however, i think you have to change
your systemsetup to *always* boot into 64bit mode:

http://macperformanceguide.com/SnowLeopard-64bit.html

anyway, if it's true what's written in that article it might just be
fine to distribute sc 3.5.1 as a 64bit application... (sorry for the noise)

On 05/01/2012 12:34 PM, Dan Stowell wrote:

>> Oh, and there's still a lot of scdoc warnings on the included help (see
>> >  below). We should either fix them or decide on changes in scdoc, but not
>> >  release a package that shows all these warnings when opening help!
>> >
>> >  For example, many warnings are caused by ugens not documenting the add and
>> >  mul arguments. Should they?
> No they shouldn't. It's a widespread convention, and the help docs
> shouldn't have to restate it dozens of times.
>
>> >  If not, should scdoc not warn if the number of
>> >  documented args does not match the reality? Or should it special-case ugens
>> >  somehow? (feels very hackish and inconsistent to me).
> Nothing hackish or inconsistent about it. It was and is a deliberate
> convention, and SCDoc doesn't include a feature to account for it, so
> it's incomplete in that sense.
>
> I haven't got a very good suggestion for how to include that feature -
> if it's easy to check the arg names, then it should forgive any
> undocumented arg names that are "mul" and "add" perhaps. If not, maybe
> the warning is suppressed if the number of args is exactly 2 more than
> expected? (The latter option would be a bit of a hack.)

Ok, done. It won't warn on missing docs for trailing mul and add
arguments. Updated list of warnings, that I guess should be fixed:

Note that for the redirect classes that has different argnames in each
implementation, we should just omit the name in the argument:: tag and
SCDoc will fill in the name used in the current implementation.

If there are any other warnings that you think should not be fixed in
the docs, but instead changed in scdoc, please tell.

[...]
/usr/local/share/SuperCollider/HelpSource/Classes/Pen.schelp
   Method *quadCurveTo has arg named 'cPoint', but doc has 'argument::
cPoint1'.

A 01/05/2012, às 12:43, Stefan Nussbaumer escreveu:

> Am 01.05.12 13:24, schrieb Jonatan Liljedahl:
>
>> I'm running 10.6 and I haven't manually activated any 64bit mode, where
>> do you do that? 64 bit apps run just fine here.
>
> hmm... when i installed the system here on my computer it was booting in 32bit mode. just after changing
>
> /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/com.apple.Boot.plist
>
> i was able to boot into 64bit mode. i don't remember where i found that hint but i found this link that suggests that one can run 64bit apps in a 32bit kernel (didn't know that). however, i think you have to change your systemsetup to *always* boot into 64bit mode:
>
> http://macperformanceguide.com/SnowLeopard-64bit.html

You can run 64bit apps in a 32bit kernel with no problem, no need not change kernel. That is what 99,99% of the people with macs do at the moment.

best,
Miguel
12